New mb auxillary battery or motorcycle battery?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CIL 7015

Car
E270 CDI AVANTGARDE
Having, like many on the forum, suffered battery problems over the cold spell I eventually replaced the main battery in the boot of my w211 only to find that electrical consumers in the car still did not work. A check of the small front battery revealed no electolyte so was duly topped up and charged. Car still preventing use of electrical consumers. The question is can I get away with buying a 12v12ah motorcycle battery for around £35 rather than MB original for considerably more?

Just checked voltage with multi meter to find small battery at 13v and main at 12.5v. Suspect BCU or alternator fault for non functioning electrics.

Time to get some fault codes read I think. The dry front battery would possibly indicate overcharging=faulty regulator control pack.

yeah I would also agree about getting the fault codes read.

it might have a have a wiring fault thinking the secondary battery is not fitted and this can cause this problem but should show up on a star test

Cheers will venture down to my local independent and get codes read. Update to follow.

Just had to crawl home after car drained brand new battery to point that braking defective warning came on. Something is failing to put charge back into the battery.

If the car is put on a star machine they can carry out a check on the alternator and check it is working correctly.

Does the car have full mb service history

The reason i asked if it was serviced at a main dealer you would have mercedes breakdown and they could come out and have a look at it.

Its a shame you live so far away otherwise i have a star machine and would of offered to have a look at it for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom