New MB owner - how does Pre-entry Climate Control actually work?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OliOwl

Car
C300h AMG Line Premium Plus
Hi folks,

I’m a new MB owner having picked up a 66 plate C300h AMG Line Premium Plus (what a mouthful!) at the weekend. I’m loving it so far, but I have a question. Apologies if this is the wrong sub-forum to ask in.

I’ve noticed a couple of times that I’ve been shown a message about pre-entry climate control being available after the engine is next started, and there’s an option in the climate control menus to turn it on, which it is. But the manual makes a hash of explaining what it is and how it works, so I’m looking for some tips please!

From what I can gather, when you unlock the car with the key fob, the climate control kicks in to the last-set temp. Is that all it boils down it? I’ve been using the keyless-go stuff so haven’t actually used the key yet!

Cheers all. Looking forward to learning more about this car.

You can either programme it from the car or from the app if you have Mercedes Me subscribed.
It allows you to pre-heat or pre-cool the car at a set time if you have enough battery power to allow it. Very useful in the winter if the car lives outside.

You can either programme it from the car or from the app if you have Mercedes Me subscribed.
It allows you to pre-heat or pre-cool the car at a set time if you have enough battery power to allow it. Very useful in the winter if the car lives outside.

Thanks for that. I was under the impression that I can’t do it via Mercedes Me. Or, at least, I don’t see it in the app. I’ve got everything switched on.

I’m sure I read something about it only being available on the plug-ins.

Ah. Maybe you are correct. Mine's a plug in and I had assumed yours worked the same. Apologies.

I'm not really clear why it works differently, but it seems to so who knows :)

Most BEVs only operate the remote climate if it's plugged in, or the battery is over a certain charge (our Zoe is 45% minimum). Maybe the non plug-in version simply limits it regardless so it only operates for a short time between unlocking and moving off. It's frustrating when manufacturers do it, I don't have a home charge point and keeping mine above half charge all winter is sometimes tricky.

So, I’ve been playing with this and I still have a question.

I saw one video from MB Asia which shows this working by pressing the unlock button, and she claims that you don’t need to be near the car for it to work.

I’ve just tested it and sure enough, it seemed to turn all the lights on and kick the heated seats into gear all while keeping the car locked. However, I’ve no idea how that worked or if I managed to accidentally do something completely unrelated!

Documentation is non-existent on how to use the feature. There are only explanations on enabling it. Can anyone clear it up?

Yeah, like I say, the docs tell you how to turn it on in the menu, but not how to actually use it. Is it just when you unlock the car? Does the key need to be within normal range despite what this video reckons?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
- about 35s in.

(I know it's a different car, but the point is the same.)

So, I’ve been playing with this and I still have a question.

I saw one video from MB Asia which shows this working by pressing the unlock button, and she claims that you don’t need to be near the car for it to work.

I’ve just tested it and sure enough, it seemed to turn all the lights on and kick the heated seats into gear all while keeping the car locked. However, I’ve no idea how that worked or if I managed to accidentally do something completely unrelated!

Documentation is non-existent on how to use the feature. There are only explanations on enabling it. Can anyone clear it up?

If there is sufficient charge available the heated seats and rear screen will activate when you unlock the car - this is the easiest thing to do in the morning. Zap your key fob; the car unlocks and the pre-entry climate control will activate, then the car locks itself until you go out to the car to set off.
The other way is to go through the dash settings screen and set a departure time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom