[NEW] MBClub eats Apples

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Mobile devices are being used more frequently to access your favourite site - 2% of our traffic is from iphones

If you are an iphone/ itouch user then try out the tapatalk app available for download from the app store. There are 2 flavours to choose from. Essentially the free version is the crippled version, try out the free version and if you like it upgrade it's only £1.79

Mbclub.co.uk is not responsible for the quality of the app or the service delivered by tapatalk.

Mbclub.co.uk does not warrant the suitability of the app, nor will Mbclub.co.uk be liable for the refund of the app download cost should it prove to be unsuitable.

2.png
1.png

What exactly does this offer over viewing it through a browser?

For S60 Owners, try the new Opera beta browser for the forums, works great for me :D

Last edited:
I agree the new opera for S60 does rock. There is no app for other handhelds yet.

The browsing experience as is (app-less) is fantastic on my HTC HD2 again using opera.

We did develop a mobile skin that looked for a user agent and then automatically applied the skin but tht was pulled. http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/feedback-testing/69308-mbclub-mobile-device-portal.html

This opional feature is only for iphones, it can be clunky but I find it a whole lot better than just safari.

Had a look at the RO version. It crashed twice so think it may need some further development. Looked ok. Doesn't have the same feel but agree it is easier to read rather than the squeezing of Safari etc.
I use my touch a lot so if it becomes more stable may use the app.
Can you tell what hardware we use to access the forum? :confused:

i've been using RO for a few days and no crashes with the forum at all!

Yes we collect trends.

I use my iPhone and Safari a lot to access the forum. No issues at all. Easy to read (thanks to the new format) very easy to zoom in and quick.

Why bother paying for an app that performs worse than the std browser?

Yes we collect trends.

With the decade coming to a close, care to share any global stats on how the site has changed over that time?

I use my iPhone and Safari a lot to access the forum. No issues at all. Easy to read (thanks to the new format) very easy to zoom in and quick.

Why bother paying for an app that performs worse than the std browser?

it's optional and a matter of preference and opinion :)

With the decade coming to a close, care to share any global stats on how the site has changed over that time?

Possibly, we would need to discuss this within the team.

Some screenshots of the free one (Can't reply, or view full size images etc) - browsing does seem faster as there is a lot less to load (Sig images etc), so quite a good idea for mobile devices:

ta66bp.jpg
zl9lps.jpg
688owy.jpg
2i0tawx.jpg

And some of an actual thread:

2wp2ezp.jpg
2q9dt81.jpg
28vbmgz.jpg

Theres also an option to jump from this app and view straight in Safari.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing, looks very complicated - im sure its not in practice though!

Its no more difficult than traditional browsing - simply click a category and it slides in the threads - click a thread and slides in the posts.

Not sure I want to pay the price for full though as out of all the forums listed, I browse just one! Plus, I can just click the view in safari link if I feel the need to post/reply :)

Had a look at the RO version. It crashed twice so think it may need some further development. Looked ok. Doesn't have the same feel but agree it is easier to read rather than the squeezing of Safari etc.
I use my touch a lot so if it becomes more stable may use the app.
Can you tell what hardware we use to access the forum? :confused:

The new version came out today that fixes crashing and some other issues.

Also the tapatalk client is now available for Android too!

What happened to Tapatalk? It was great!

Just curious, how much traffic now comes via smartphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom