New member 124 engine loom

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ordered the loom today should get it on friday:) , also ordered the new throttle cable, only about £25!

As i said when i get time in the new year i will remake my old loom and refit it to the vehicle, so if anyone is interested in buying the new one in a couple of months let me know.

Whats the part number on the loom? I will check whether it matches mine and perhaps we can come to a deal? (not that mine has gone wrong at all...but tempting fate etc!)

Whats the part number on the loom? I will check whether it matches mine and perhaps we can come to a deal? (not that mine has gone wrong at all...but tempting fate etc!)

ill let you know on friday when it comes, when i ordered it he said there were early and late options - mine is the early one (the car is 93 if it helps)

Mine is 94 and I guess its determined by what options you have (cruise for instance). Let me know the part number please and I will compare with my local stealers EPC

got the loom this morning and fitted it in my lunch hour, didnt get time to do the plugs and leads but will tomorrow morning. Car seems much better but is still missing at idle. Hopefully the leads will sort this they do look very old and worn.

The old loom has had some repairs on it already and it looked like it had shorted out round the coils before. Possibly explaining the one new coil?

ive not had a chance to get a good look yet but it looks like theres enough there to remake the loom. Any tips on getting some of the sealed plugs apart?

thanks for everyones help on this

Sometimes the faulty loom can blow the coil as well. So beware.

What you can do is swop the coil round and you will see which cylinder is faulty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom