New member 300CE W124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

babyblueCE

Car
300 CE
Hello all, i have just joined the MB forum after buying my first Merc. I wanted to go old school and really liked the coupes and after searching high and low i bought one off a MB Club member. The car had done 184000 miles on the club but absolutely no visible rust signs on the exterior and interior so i bought it. Service history and MOT on the car aswell with 6 months road tax, RESULT!!!!!!!

Welcome to the forum. Great choice of Mercedes.
Same colour as I used to have. Lovely car. Your reg number would not be J55 would it. Mine was sold onto a forum member but I have not heard about it for a while.

welcome, wow, 184000 miles, ive never had a car with that many miles, but i know that theses engines are engineered to last. Sounds like you got a real good one. Hope it brings you lots of pleasure

Hello
Welcome to the Forum :thumb:

Thanks all.
184000 may seem much but the car has been very well looked after. Starts first time and pulls like a train!!!
trapperjohn the reg number starts with J83 unfortunately it is not the one you sold on, sorry pal!

184k is nothing.

Both of my 3.0 M103 W124s had more than that on them and the engines purred like new. Never used a drop of oil or water, never smoked or overheated, pulled strongly and were quiet and smooth :cool:

Will

Thanks all.
184000 may seem much but the car has been very well looked after. Starts first time and pulls like a train!!!

It is nothing, if has been well maintained.

I am close behind you with 179,000 miles and mine drives great.

Do not under estimate the importance of coolant changes.

Use only Merc coolant, and change at stated intervals in book.

Do not use hard water and make sure the whole system is changed,
ie, rad and heater system, AND engine block (there is an additional tap for that).

Please post some pix of your new acquisition!

I've had my C124 for eight months and am absolutely loving it. It handles and rides so well. I find modern cars don't manage handling without compromising ride comfort. The 124 seems to be a nice mix of old and new.

I initially bought it to 'collect', but poor thing has been put into every day service as I love driving it so much. Meanwhile my daily driver has become a garage queen!

Hi guys thanks for your welcoming messages!!! I have uploaded some pics of it let me know what you think!!

Attachments

• New Image.JPG
    New Image.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 78
  • New Image1.JPG
    New Image1.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 77
  • New Image2.JPG
    New Image2.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 77
Thanks for your message kth286. I will be getting the car serviced at the end of the month. Thanks for letting me know about the coolant i am pretty sure that there is water in there at the moment and will get some coolant for it. Which is the best coolant to use for the Mercs?

Could you get a side on of those wheels on level ground by any chance, they look pretty smart IMHO........

Once this crazy weather subsides i will clean the car and take some wheel pics and load em up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom