New member, air filter options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

emma9403

Hi guys, purchased my c200 kompressor yesterday with the amg sports pack and I love it. Just wondering if anyone has used a performance filter on one to give the engine a bit of extra noise? I can't find any posts on google to suggest that it will still run right. I'm worried that it will over fuel or make it run sluggish. All input appreciated. Thank you

K & N Probably do a Air filter for it

I use a piper cross performance filter which gives more induction roar but hard to hear above the scream of the supercharger :)

Whatever you do don't put a cone filter or induction kit on it as with high under bonnet temps your IAT will increase which will decrease engine power if you do choose this route you need a cold air feed to the filter

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

I would second piper cross, not put one in the Benz yet (cos I need 2), but have used them in turbo Ovlovs, BMWs, the wifes Saab, ST220 and never had an issue.

Thanks guys will look into this, well get my other half 2, hahaha. Do you know anything about setting the contacts up . Iv got I phone 4s . Iv managed to link but can't get contacts sync :-(

Attachments

• image-3122742700.jpg
    image-3122742700.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 8
Thanks guys will look into this, well get my other half 2, hahaha. Do you know anything about setting the contacts up . Iv got I phone 4s . Iv managed to link but can't get contacts sync :-(

Me neither (iPhone 5) - I've tried several times since I bought the car in 2009. :wallbash::wallbash: Yet the cheap aftermarket JVC in my ML can read the contacts, last calls etc direct from the iPhone :dk::dk:

If you find out how to do it, please share!:thumb::thumb:

Ask Jeremy Clarkson, he is always seems to get on with the ICE exceptionally well.

Ask Jeremy Clarkson, he is always seems to get on with the ICE exceptionally well.

Apparently he's the best at working Linguatronic…..

……. in the World :thumb:

Is there any down falls to doing this?

Yes:

1. Some claim that wet/oiled filters (e.g. K&N) can cause MAF failure, others say it's rubbish, but hey that's the Internet and there's a counter-view for every opinion :D

2. Your local over-zealous mechanic might unwittingly bin your new expensive peformance air filter and replace it with some cheap crap.

3. If you are involved in a crash your insurer will either refuse payment, sue you, or just send to you to the Tower and chain you to a wall for undeclared mods. Other say it's rubbish... see (1) above :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom