New member (and owner!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merc-Cymru

Car
'93 190E
hello to all, just discovered this club
After driving a few hatchbacks including a vauxhall nova (i can assure you I do not even own a baseball cap :) since i passed my test, I got the chance to test drive a friends 300E, well it blew me away in terms of comfort luxury and ride quality. But as a 21 year old student the thought of a 3.0 guzzle on my bank account was enough to send me looking for a 190D, and after what seemed like forever I did find a 2.0D but the performance left a bit to be desired. I'm no boyracer- I see no point in driving like an idiot as I don't think its fair on other road users or your vehicle (god i sound like my dad), but the thought of getting blitzed by my brother's mini was enough to send me looking for a petrol 190.
Anyway after what seemed like another light year and viewing of one particular dog and a couple that just weren't right, I finally last week found my babybenz in autotrader, an immaculate 93, 72k 2.0 190E, which I'm extremely happy with and am pumping way too much petrol into it to fuel my cross country blasts but hey who doesn't with a new car
Even though my 190 is dwarfed when compared with most of your own cars, its my pride and joy and hope to learn a lot by using this site.
:)

dale

Dale
Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do, even though I am a lot older than you. You are never too old to learn.
Enjoy your new motor.:bannana: :bannana:

Welcome to the forum Dale :)

Originally posted by Merc-Cymru
Even though my 190 is dwarfed when compared with most of your own cars, its my pride and joy and hope to learn a lot by using this site.

This forum is open to owners of all MBs of any age. If you look to the top of the page you will see a 190D, belonging to one of the forum members, another member has a flagship CL500 - we do not discriminate :) .

Hi Dale,

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum. :) I take from your username you have some connection to Wales? Although your location says Manchester.

If you can, post some pictures so we can admire your car. :)

S.

Originally posted by Steve_Perry
...Although your location says Manchester.

Whoa! I missed that! Dale matey where abouts in Manchester are you? There are loads of us now, we NEED a gtg sometime soon! :D

Welcome Dale,

Its a great place to meet all sorts of Benz enthusiasts whether you drive a 30 year old classic or a 100 grand AMG we are all down to earth peeps from all walks of life...

Get yourself to the GTG in March.....

Thanks for the welcome!

thanks for the welcome, ive just got my digital camera sorted so after a polish within an inch of it's life my 190 will be up on the site :)
about the user name well i'm from wales originally now 'exiled' to urmston in manchester for my sins :) and was stuck for a user name so thereya go thats where the Merc-Cymru comes from

take care

dale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom