New member - c300d

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

devnull10

Car
C300D [2019]
Posted this intro in my other first question thread as I didn't see this sub-forum, so just a bit of a copy/paste here too. :)

Little intro as it's my first post. Just purchased a new C300d AMG-Line Premier as a replacement for my Audi A4 3.0 (218 Quattro) which is now over 3 years old. First impressions of the car are pretty good, it looks nice, drives well, and obviously the tech is a little more up to date. Couple of problems which I'm having to have it booked into the dealers for next week - the top few inches of the rear screen don't de-mist with the heater and the metal trim on the boot lid is coming off at one side. A bit dissapointing for a new car, but hopefully will get it sorted. Booking into the dealers was a nightmare though - Mercedes of Blackburn - endless amounts of time on hold, being told I'd be called back but wasn't etc. I ended up having to drive into the showroom and wait 20 minutes to see someone. Not the kind of customer service I'd expect - the Audi dealership over the road which I've used for the past 7 years have always been fantastic. So that's a bit of a shame. Only other things I miss is the Quattro drive and the Audi interior - the C class feels a bit cheap compared to the A4 - for example, the C Class has "fake" metal which is made of plastic around the knobs etc, whereas in the A4 that is actual aluminium. Also shutting the boot lid sounds really really "tinny" - you have to slam it somewhat else it bounces back up, but when you do, it sounds like it's made of thin sheet metal - i.e. just not "solid" construction.
But that aside, I do really like the car.

I find the seats very comfortable, though the footwell is a bit "cramped" due to the bulge from the centre console. Would have preferred a left foot resting plate rather than bare carpet too, but that's only a minor.
The black ash looks really nice, hopefully it's not too much of a pain to clean! :)

Sounds like I'm bashing the car a lot above - I just notice the very small things which are wrong, and I don't really expect that to happen on a new car. However like I said, I really do like it - the car drives well, sounds nice (for a diesel) and on a long motorway run is reasonably economical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom