New member - Car stolen before time to say hi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Motohead

Car
Clk 280 sport convertible
I joined about a month ago after my wife got her first Mercedes. A 2008 model/09 reg 280 CLK Sport convertible. As she is disabled she only drives short distances when she is not in too much pain or too fatigued. The rest of the time I drive her for work etc in her car. We had a VW CC for last 3 years on motability but this time she wanted something more "her". She has always wanted a 50's convertible Mercedes but in the real world was overjoyed with "Janice" as she named the car. We picked it up on 10t/03/17. That car brought her more joy than anything in ages. If it wasn't raining, on with the heated seats and headscarf, blanket over her knees and roof down! She had more fresh air than she's had in years. She recently went into hospital in Southampton for a 6 week stay so roof was down most of the 60 mile journey to hospital via as scenic route as possible(not got a wind diffuser yet!)
I was away at a bike rally in Yorkshire the first weekend she was in and had arranged for my mother in law to look after kids and take them to see their mum after staying at friends houses for sleepovers Friday night. I got back Sunday to discover no CLK on the drive! Mother in law assumed I had put it in for service or something. Turns out someone had been in the flat Friday night and taken my wife's MacBook and Jewellery as well as kids Xbox one then taken car keys and driven off with her car! The reg is OV09 BND. STOLEN 28/04/17
So, now looking for another good condition 2009 Black 280 CLK SPORT Convertible or leads to the people who stole Janice!!
Thanks

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this. And welcome...

This is sad, cars getting stolen seems to be getting more and more common. Hope you get positive results in finding those responsible mate.

That's brutal. I can't imagine how that feels. Not only the car, but MacBook too. They're my two most treasured possessions.

Sounds like home and car insurance etc is all good, as you're looking for another, so try to look on the bright side, you can take what you learned from the first CLK, and choose more wisely with the next one, any missing options, etc.

As above, sorry to hear this; especially as your wife was enjoying the car so much.

Do you want it back? Obviously people can keep an eye open for it, but you might feel it's soiled now and rather take the insurance.

so sorry to hear about this

words fail me, there are some shysters around.

This is really sad to hear. I do hope your wife is recovering and that this is not too upsetting for her and you.

Good luck in your search for another car.

Welcome to the forum. My sympathies regarding the break-in and theft etc. Tough on your other half too, like she hasn't got enough to battle with already... :(

Welcome , hope you both enjoy the experience of getting yet another new car and may the next one be even better. PS keep your keys well hidden in future because I do wonder if the thief was a local, as he ( or she ) is likely to have been aware of your usual movements.

Thank you for all your comments, much appreciated! Still looking for a replacement if anyone knows of one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom