New member cl 500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Freenote2

Car
Mercedes CL500 C215
Hi All,
Just thought I’d introduce myself and my Merc.
Picked it up cheap with a number of issues, most of which I’ve sorted but the aluminium corrosion is beyond my skill set. Searching for someone local who will do a decent job and not insist on a full respray that I can’t afford.
6934c06253d0646dfbefce0ee5a0dd7d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome. Looks good but am afraid I cannot help regarding bodywork recommendations but plenty of expertise on the forum so am sure help will be along soon

Looks good. Unusual colour? Or just the photo?

It’s the very light blue. Can’t remember the name off hand. But definitely faded over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum.

I've used a place called "Scuffbusters" way down in Kent previously now and again over the last 13 years - would be worth a try and normally a lot cheaper than your typical professional bodyshop.

It's quite a way to go but worth it.

Welcome to the forum.

I've used a place called "Scuffbusters" way down in Kent previously now and again over the last 13 years - would be worth a try and normally a lot cheaper than your typical professional bodyshop.

It's quite a way to go but worth it.

Thanks John,
I’ll try something local and see what kind of extortion I’m looking at. If it’s unpalatable I’ll speak to your guys.

Help please...

So I’ve managed to break the interior handle piece that lifts up the boot floor to access the spare wheel.

Does anyone know what it’s called? Searching eBay but obviously not searching the right keywords

Any help appreciated.

I'd have a guess at "boot floor handle" or "trunk loading handle" if you are from the US!

Just get the part from a MB dealer. It won’t be expensive

That’s a good point. Will give them a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think your colour is faded at all. Chalcedony Blue is very pale/subtle, (and can look almost silver in some light).

It does look rather wonderful when polished up - but I’m biased ;)

No, I bought one of those...didn't fit...still just have a square hole where one should fit...4 years on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom