New member, CL600 BiTurbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melk63

Car
W215 CL600 V12 Bi-Turbo, AMG pack, Designo trim
Hi everyone,
My first post to introduce myself. I'm a long time Merc driver, ranging from a number of C- and E-Classes, CL55AMG (pictured on the right just before departure) and currently 2004 CL600 BiTurbo (full AMG Spec) pictured on the left which I have had for just under a year. I did defect to the dark side a few years ago with a V8 5-series BMW as I was fed up with Merc poor service, but soon found my way back to enlightenment with the CL. I have been a member of the club for over a year, but just managed to find out how to post. Thanks to Koolvin who sorted out the problem with my account today. Looking forward to exchanging notes with fellow CL and AMG drivers.
Mel.

Attachments

• IMG_1330 modified.jpg
    IMG_1330 modified.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 120
Hi Mel

A lovely pair ! ;)

Are they square tailpipes on the CL600 ? are they aftermarket ?

Hi Howard, yes, aftermarket Powerflow. No louder than the CL55 originals, but less conspicuous I think.
Mel.

Waht a lovely pair of cars. Your fuel bill must be horrendus!

Welcome to the forum.

Yes welcome to the Forum and the CL Club. I have just had the Secondary Cats removed and the Exhaust tips Re-Chromed on the CL.

Any particular reason for changing from the 55 to the 600 ? How much difference id the sound with the Quad exhausts from the twin exhausts ?

Hi and welcome. Very nice - you'll need a CL65 next though?!

Waht a lovely pair of cars. Your fuel bill must be horrendus!

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks Ollie. You may be seeing the CL in your workshop soon! I work on the South Coast and just noticed you are not too far away. Mel.

Hello & welcome to the forum :thumb:

Glad to see that you saw the light & came back to Mercedes :D

Yes welcome to the Forum and the CL Club. I have just had the Secondary Cats removed and the Exhaust tips Re-Chromed on the CL.

Any particular reason for changing from the 55 to the 600 ? How much difference id the sound with the Quad exhausts from the twin exhausts ?

I had the 55 for a couple of years, lovely car and loved it. The CL600 came by chance, it had black maple trim, and a few more gadgets like distronic, better Nav and the DVD comand, and after driving it for a while decided to part with the 55. The 600 is identical in power, but more refined driving. I find that with ABC on sport it handles close to the 55 in normal mode. Not quite as agile though. You can still tell the car has a much heavier nose. The quad exhaust on 600 is quite different to the original twins. It makes a very similar noise to the 55, but you can tell the v12 gurgle is different to the V8 growl. To be honest, I love both cars for different reasons. Mel.

Hi and welcome. Very nice - you'll need a CL65 next though?!

Hi Bill. Thank you for the welcome. A CL65 would be fantastic. I'm a fan of 215 shape and a good CL65 in the old shape is hard to come by. Mel.

There is a very good 65 on AutoTrader 2004 one owner FMBSH Distonic, fully loaded 99000 miles Obsidian/Alpaca Grey. Looks good.

Peter, What a rare colour combination on a CL55k. My old E-class was exactly the same colour combo and it looked amazing. Used to get a lot of comments on how good it looked. I bet your 55 is out of this world. Do you have any photos on the forum somewhere? I did a quick search but couldn't see any. Mel

There is a very good 65 on AutoTrader 2004 one owner FMBSH Distonic, fully loaded 99000 miles Obsidian/Alpaca Grey. Looks good.

Thanks for the tip Peter. Just looked it up on ebay and it looks good. A little wary of the high miles. May go and have look this weekend. Mel.

Peter, What a rare colour combination on a CL55k. My old E-class was exactly the same colour combo and it looked amazing. Used to get a lot of comments on how good it looked. I bet your 55 is out of this world. Do you have any photos on the forum somewhere? I did a quick search but couldn't see any. Mel

As we speak, a fellow Forum member Adam is doing a paint correction on the CL. Today, which is the fourth he should be finished, he has taken lots of before and after photo's which he will post tomorrow.

He also did my S-Class last week. On the forum as "Paint Correction 500L"

It will give you some idea what the CL will look like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom