New member E55 w211 wagon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy1acars

Car
E55 wagon w211
Hi its been a sad week losing my mum but dad has given me his E55 w211 estate, silver, fsh 96k and in immaculate condition. I talked him into buying it 2 years ago but at 84yrs old he feels its time to move on. He has just spent 3k on it including the abs thingy and its mostly mb history including heated rear seats and massage cooled in the front. Obviously its rapid and everything works nice including the air suspension. I dont know how long I will keep it but I will enjoy it while I can.

Sorry to hear of your loss, Sounds a lovely car If you decide to sell feel free to email me on [email protected]

As a new forum member you cant pm till i think 30 posts.

A unicorn surfaces! If its got 7 seats its a gold plated unicorn. They aren't that rare except when you are looking for one!
They are simply fab cars so I hope you enjoy it.

Sorry about your mum, sounds a lovely car I am sure you will have plenty of enjoyable drives in the future.

A unicorn surfaces! If its got 7 seats its a gold plated unicorn. They aren't that rare except when you are looking for one!
They are simply fab cars so I hope you enjoy it.
Hi from what I can make out the extra row of seats can be retro fitted but you lose the spare, does that sound correct? And thanks.

Sorry to hear about your mum. Enjoy the E55, they're great cars.

Thankyou, I washed it today and have to say it looks immaculate and can’t seem to find a dent or scratch on it!

Like to reiterate about your Mum & do hope that your Dad is Ok. Keep the car & enjoy taking your Dad out on nice trips with your family this summer...will be great for him & moments you will come to cherish!

Here’s a quick snap.
RdowfvN.jpg

Hi from what I can make out the extra row of seats can be retro fitted but you lose the spare, does that sound correct? And thanks.

The 7 seat was a factory build option. It involves a fair bit of work to retro-fit. This includes seat belt mountings, floor pan work etc.

Iirc. The spare is then mounted in the N/S side cubby. Or slung out and replaced with foam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 7 seats and a spare. It fits under the floor that appears when you lift the seats up. Space saver not a full spare but they are different sizes anyway.

Sorry to read about your loss.

Great choice of vehicle though!

Started the painful process of cleaning under the bonnet, I did my M3 with a dremmel and cocktail sticks using great lion polish. Just got to work out how to get the best finish on the supercharger housing. The new sbc unit looks too shiny. I also found a built in dog guard but there have been no dogs or fags in this car lol

Retrofit the 7 seats on a 211 is simple bolt in bolt out job, no major work required. Ive done it twice.

All holes, mounting points etc are already there

To be honest thats what I read, the reason I asked as there were some rear seats for an e55 on fleabay, thanks for the reply.

Yeah you just need to make sure you get EVERYTHING out the boot of the donor car and its pretty easy.

I sold my 55 wagon last year and have pretty much found it to be irreplaceable. I WILL be buying another soon, this one looks lovely.

Yeah you just need to make sure you get EVERYTHING out the boot of the donor car and its pretty easy.

I sold my 55 wagon last year and have pretty much found it to be irreplaceable. I WILL be buying another soon, this one looks lovely.
it is thanks, I even bought a new tow hook cover from mercedes in the original colour, I think someone is viewing tomorrow hopefully.

Welcome bud,cheers Marky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom