New member. First Merc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Luked96

Car
1989 Merc W124 250 D, 2005 MG ZS
Hi guys, quick introduction. Merc wouldn't be my car of choice really I'm more of an MG-Rover man (I have 5 of them) but I recently inherited my first Mercedes recently as a restoration project. It's a 1989 W124 250D. The car was bought by my Grandad from a Merc mechanic when he moved over to England in around 2002. He drove it until he passed away in 2006 and my Aunt brought the car back over to Ireland. It needed a few small little bit's of work. The car had been involved in an accident after the brakes caused the car to pull hard left which damaged the wings, Bonnet and radiator. Some work was done on the car but due to some circumstances work on the car stopped and she has been lying up for the last 8 years. So now that I finally have a bit of money together I have taken on the task of restoring the car. So here it is (Looking very sorry for itself)

She is a 2.5 litre 5cyl diesel with a 5 speed manual box.The mis-match colour is because the bonnet and wings are from a donor car. The car starts first turn of the key though and electric windows and sunroof work. My plan is to get the front end resprayed, clean up all the rust underneath and then get the car running. took it for a little drive just up and down the estate on Saturday and the clutch feels good, all gears are there and there is no damage to any of the synchromeshes in the gearbox. It needs new pads, discs and calipers, full service, fresh fluids and some bodywork. Will be a long term project but it will be more time spent on it rather than mone.
I've had the car a few weeks at this stage and I've done quite a bit of work to it so I will put up a proper build thread soon

Welcome. Interesting project, good luck with it.

Welcome mate....looks like you`ve got your work cut out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom