New member from Ireland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Frank86

Car
Cls55 AMG
Hi guys. Looking here with a while but just recently signed up. Based in county cork in Ireland and recently purchased a 2005 cls55 AMG from the uk as they are very hard got over here. My first Mercedes, previous car was an e60 m5 but that doesn't compare power wise to the AMG. Dyno print out of 585bhp and 620ft/lb of torque. Absolute animal. Anyways, few minor issues I must try and sort, hence while I'm here but said I'd better introduce myself first :thumb:

Welcome.
It sounds like a nice car you have there or it will be when the little jobs are sorted.
What needs sorting?

Welcome, sounds a nice drive

Welcome, as I understand it you live in a beautiful part of Ireland.

Never been, and not sure if I'll make it now but fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome.
It sounds like a nice car you have there or it will be when the little jobs are sorted.
What needs sorting?

Unfortunately my SBC is knackered. Getting the red warning on the dash. Bought a used Mercedes star c3 and diagnosis is that there is an internal fault in the pump. Can these be reconditioned or do you have to buy new? Also, since the pump went, is idling kinda rough at times but haven't really looked into it

Yes they can be rebuilt.
I am not sure who is able to do this job in your area but I am sure someone in the know will point you in the right direction.

I also know that Mercedes did a recall on these and were still honouring any claims made for faulty parts until recently. Some say for vehicles upto 10 years old others say 15 years?

It would be worth giving your local MB dealer a quick call to see if there is any chance of saving a bit of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom