New Member from Leicestershire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul Moore

Car
2010 SLK 200K, Red, Sports Pack
Hi There, Just about to purchase an SLK around 02 -04 plate, should I be concerned if one only has 1 key fob ?
Can we easily source a replacement and if so from who and how much....that could be a haggle on the price to allow for this.

Any help greatly appreciated and indeed any cars that are in my area for sale point them towards me;-) (4K budget)
SLK 230 preferred as a mate says the 200 is sluggish ?????

Many Thanks,
Paul

Welcome to the site Paul.

Ant

Welcome mate

Check with insurance mostly, as some companies are funny about only the one key as they'll ask for the spare if it gets TWOC'ed

Would definitely try and knock the price down a little, I'm not clued up about the costs of getting MB or anyone to create a spare key though

Welcome to the forum. If it is of any interest, my 2002 SLK230 is available. It is known on the forum, if interested put message on here and I will get in contact if you leave an email address.

Budget £200 to £300 for another key, so use these figures for negotiation.

I only have one key because I needed a lie-down when I saw the price.

My local Auto locksmith takes out whatever control unit that talks to the key fob and creates a spare key by soldering onto the PCB and reading the necessary codes. They can then program a new key (not a used one unfortunately) and charge you £250. I figure that I'll wait till this happens and keep the cash in the mean time. Hey, I'm a glass half-full kinda guy!

The Locksmith will also charge you more if they have to get into a locked car, so get a key blade cut (very cheap) and keep it somewhere convenient. You'll have to deal with the alarm going off if you get into the car this way, but assuming the Locksmith will be with you at the time, this shouldn't be a problem.

In the mean time, spend the £250 on sex, drugs and rock-n-roll, or alternatively fritter it away...

Many thanks to Brian (BEJ) for his hospitality on Saturday.

I am now the proud owner of his old SLK !

AND I AM MISSING IT!!!!! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Good luck with the car Paul. Stick with this forum.

Still Loving the car Thanks to Brain !

one question though, where is the radio aerial?

is it hidden as it is not very good at picking up stations and I wondered if there maybe an upgrade without getting one drilled into the rear wing ?

Thinking of upgrading the whole audio set up, so any advice on good units and replacement quality speakers would be great ! Don't want to put great big woofers in etc, just want a better sound for a reasonable cost;-)
Thanks everyone !

Still loving the car SLK 230 2002, now with 61000 miles on it. Still in good condition too.
Now looking to move up to the next model, 2005 onwards, facelift model, If anyone is interested in the SLK its for sale ! and if anyone has a newer model, let me know.
I couldn't post in the for sale section as I don't have permission yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom