New member from Southampton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brigandchief

Car
C200
Thought I should hello as I have justy got myself a C200 estate with 110,000 miles on her, really a spring chicken.
I bought my first Merc in Canada in 1961, it was a 180 Diesel and as all my mates had bought sports cars, I was the one to take all our kit from the West Coast to the East Coast for further training. We were young Naval Officers!!!
Climbing up the rockies not far out of Vancouver a bloody great truck pulled me over and the driver jumped out with a fire extinguisher. "Get out your engine is on fire he shouted"! So I opened the hood and there was a little diesel engine about the size of a lawn mower. he could not believe it. He was used to injectors the size of a baseball bat where these were tiny. Anyway we followed each other for some 3,000 miles.
So now I have a modern one. Just entering its second life and she will pull my steamn engines around the country when I visit various tracks. A lovely maroon colour which I call Crimson Lake and here is a challenge, why would I call this Crimson Lake????
Cheers David :)

Hi,welcome to the forum:thumb:

Helllo David
Welcome from another Southampton Member :thumb:

Hi welcome to the forum from yet another Southampton (Totton actually) member.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom