New member hi and prepair for ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The issue only specific to the audio? Nothing else such as the cruise control, mirrors etc are all working fine?

Mirrors work fine

Distronic says deactivated

But no radio or cd audio and no audio on nav.

Also keeps poping up with activating phone but it never dose

I'd do what you suggested with the loop. That will give you an idea.

Gave it a quick clean today.

Also fixed the audio problem.
Was a bad connection on the power connector to the amp.

I've plugged it in to diag scanner.
The and fault is saying rear right level sensor so ive ordered that.

But the parktronic and distronic say no communication which feels like no power to the module to me?

I've checked every fuse in the car and all good so I guess I'm going to have to have someone with STAR look at it?

It's amazing how ordinary this generation of AMGs look, and yet the performance belies that look!

My E55K running at 600BHP never looked anything of the sort but would destroy many things quite easily.

I like the black gloss wood on the steering and dash. Is it black ash or piano black? I have black ash in my CL and I love it now.
"My E55K running at 600BHP never looked anything of the sort but would destroy many things quite easily."...This , for me was the whole point of owning one...if they came up to a set of Traffic lights they either looked very sheepish or a thumbs up...miss it...ofcourse.

I loved that era but I don't miss it although I had that car way way longer than any of the other 15 cars I'd had!

I only miss the sound of the car actually. I don't miss rising to the race bait.

This this is almost like a comedy sketch.
It sounds like a lambo or zonda when you start it but on the move it's silent.

If you tickle it it could be anything but if you prod it is like the enterprise.

The wheels don't look AMG, they should be the 20" AMG 111 model, to keep it original :)

Your right the build sheet says 20" do you have a pic of what they should be

If you go into www.alloywheelsdirect.net they have photo's. They do come up on Ebay, so Alloywheelsdirecty's £3,000 cost is very much over the top.
I have them on my W221 and they look great.

So today I popped over to Merc land and Nuneaton.

The chap there was very helpful plugged it into his STAR laptop.

He recalibrate all the level sensors and reset the abc system. This seems to have cured the fault with that.

He also confirmed that there are no faults stored in the Distronic or Night view assist.

However the parking assist is not coded properly which is killing the system.

He was unable to recode it as his system is not connected to the online system at mercedes.

Any suggestions on who can do this for me at a sensible price?

Update time my and fault came back as Merc land said it might so I need to get a level sensor.

But on a happy note my radar systems and night view just started working by them self today. Very odd

I wonder if it was a battery / power-related issue.

AMG Mercs of this vintage are a bit of a mare if they don't have the required power.

Possibly I guess but it has 2 new batteries and says 14.1v on the dash.

...and it's working.

Was it sat around before and / or were the batteries replaced under your ownership?

Might just be coincidence of course.

As of this morning I have no faults.

If fixed the keyless handle (just a broken wire)

Sorted the abc fault. Water had gotten into the connector on the level sensor and corroded the pins.

The audio is up and running (replacement audio gateway)

Even the radar and night view are behaving
(Fixed them self???)

I'm feeling brave so I'm off on a trip to Bruges at the weekend wish me luck

Have a great trip without any warning lights appearing on the he dash

Excellent result. Just shows what can be achieved with a little skill, insight and confidence. I wish I had a little of each when it comes to fixing and maintaining cars! Enjoy your trip, great car for the journey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom