New member in Edinburgh, with dead W123

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

confusedw123

Car
1983 W123
Hi all, I come her looking for advice.. I foolishly bought a W123 on ebay a few months ago, using heart not head :confused:.... and now am in a position to have to dispose of it. I have been advised by two garages I trust that the amount of rust in the rear section means it is not worth fixing. And MOT runs out in a couple of weeks.
I know i have lost a lot of money but that will be a lesson for me! I am just wondering if, with limited time, there is anything I can do rather than scrap it (as suggested by the garage where it currently is sitting)
It is a 'B' reg W123 240D and has 180,000 miles on the clock. The engine may have many miles in it I believe but the sills and rear quarter is just too rusted.
Does anyone know of any W123 enthusiasts, garages, etc in Edinburgh or nearby that may be interested in buying it for parts? Seems a shame to destroy the whole thing just because the body is falling apart!

P1060546.JPG

P1060558.JPG

ebay it quick while it still has MOT.

A 240d has value but not being able to drive it to collect it comes at a price.

ebay it quick while it still has MOT.

A 240d has value but not being able to drive it to collect it comes at a price.

I agree, as long as your description is honest to avoid any comebacks. Someone may need it for parts.

Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom