New member in Essex - S211 E55 AMG wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex5000

Car
S211 E55 AMG
Hi all,

I've been a lurker for the last couple of months as I've been doing a bit of research before buying my first Benz. I'm on the lookout for a S211 E55 AMG Estate to buy as a interesting family wagon. I like it's old-school V8, super cruisey nature and subtle looks. At the moment I need to get a few posts in before I can start a thread in the wanted section, but I'm ideally after an enthusiast owned car thats really been looked after well. Definately want to buy on condition - Rust is a concern and so would prefer a later car. 2005 would be ideal and 7-seats is a must. I should have the budget for a decent example.

<£15k
Silver preferred over black
7-seater
Not too fussed on other options. Rear sun shades would be nice (could they be retrofitted?) - I think they all have ISOFIX and rear A/C?
Stock or near-stock - It might get an exhaust mod or wheel swap in my ownership
low number of owners
later build car so that rust/radiator issues have definately been addressed.
Excellent maintainance history - I don't mind a car thats been owner maintained, I do this myself on my own cars.
A seller I can trust.

I actually spotted this car at the beginning of the week, but it being a 2003 model does suggest that it could be a non galvanised body(?) It could still be an early car even if its registered in October. Any way of finding out?
Autotrader e55 AMG estate
Not much detail in the advert and I think the asking price is on the high side given some of the sale prices I've logged over the ~six months I've been watching the market. Nearly everyone seems to claim that 'this is the best e55 you will find'

In my other car-world I currently own a e46 BMW M3 and a R50 Mini Cooper, as well as a Rover Mini Cooper 1.3i project. I'm also lusting after a S1 Lotus Elise...

Cheers - Alex

Just to say Hi,

Nice choice of car, not too many about though more silver than other colours. Good luck in your search, just be prepared to wait awhile for the right one.

Hi neighbour welcome

Welcome buddy , big car plans ! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom