New member Intro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

millc63

Car
W204 C63 Saloon
Hello All,
Just thought I'd introduce myself, name's Chris and I live in NW London.
Finally took the plunge and bought my W204 C63 AMG in black (wanted gunmetal grey but they were rare, and hard to find a decent example).
Looking forward to driving it and joining in the discussions on the forum!

C63edit_resized.jpg

Hi, welcome, looks a very smart ride. Lots of c63 owners on the forum , unfortunately I do not have the pleasure of one.

Welcome to the forum Chris.
Lovely car and a great choice.
You also have a great MB indy nearby in Wayne Gates in Harrow.

Welcome to the forum Chris.
Lovely car and a great choice.
You also have a great MB indy nearby in Wayne Gates in Harrow.
Thanks for letting me know, i have done a bit of research and also found sapphire autos in Ruislip...thy seem to have a good rep.

Welcome and it looks great!

Was it a private purchase? Or through a dealer?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Welcome and it looks great!

Was it a private purchase? Or through a dealer?

it was private. I was looking for like 6-8 months, as i like low mileage cars, so that i can then keep them for longer.

it was private. I was looking for like 6-8 months, as i like low mileage cars, so that i can then keep them for longer.
Do you find it risky though? I'm always a little apprehensive about buying a more expensive car just in case there is something wrong with it and the owner is being a little unscrupulous. My friend once bought a Subaru Impreza with an engine problem the engine was knocking, and the guy had filled it with the thickest oil he could find. It was fine on the test drive, but by the time he got home it was knocking like crazy and he found out it needed a new engine... expensive lesson learnt!

Do you find it risky though? I'm always a little apprehensive about buying a more expensive car just in case there is something wrong with it and the owner is being a little unscrupulous. My friend once bought a Subaru Impreza with an engine problem the engine was knocking, and the guy had filled it with the thickest oil he could find. It was fine on the test drive, but by the time he got home it was knocking like crazy and he found out it needed a new engine... expensive lesson learnt!

Sure it is risky, but at the end of the day you have to go with your gut, i saw a few where once i met the owner i was already put off, so i gave those a wide berth, this one, the owner was a decent chap, had a full service history from merc, and was only 4 years old, so chances of there being anything major wrong with it was slim (in my opinion). I did the standard AA car check and it came with an extended warranty which was transferred to me and the owner was quick to point out the minor faults with the car himself i.e stone chips, interior scuffing etc I'm no mechanic, but i can tell when there are potential problems with the car, and i managed to get under it have a look and he took me for a long test drive (and let me drive it) so i could get a feel for the car. Price was right, covered until 2019 with the extended warranty and the bloke was decent, so i took the chance. Had it serviced by Merc Watford when i got it as it was due the 'B' service and they were impressed with the condition of the car, the only thing they found wrong was oil was a bit low, other than that it was all good.

Nice looking car... and a great ride!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom