New member introduction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tp81

Car
G350d
Hi,

I am new here and should introduce myself. My ownership in the past has been a E350, my wife's car. Lovely relaxed car and did exactly what was asked of it, perfect for the time we had this. I have a few cars and enjoy classics as well as more modern high powered models (have owned two F10 M5's and Cayenne Turbo S). Most recent purchase is a new model G350d which replaces a 110 Defender. Loving this so far, however, randomly at times there is a vibration from the steering when the car comes to a halt. I will get the car back into Mercedes to check this under warranty, the problem is that the fault is intermittent which is never good to diagnose.

The reason for me joining the forum is partly on account of the ownership of the G350d but also to look for a W204 C63. I have been considering a car for sometime and wanted to try and see if there were any good enthusiasts cars for sale.

I should also mention the G Wagen gets used.

Tom

Attachments

• g .jpg
    g .jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 6
Welcome Tom :thumb: any Problems ....very knowledgable people on this forum will always help 😋

Hello and welcome

Thanks for the welcome.

G-wagen looks great, and even better with some mud! As a newbie myself, the G will be better suited to roads at the moment than mine (but it is still being used, just with a light right foot).

As we had a 110 defender with a stage 2 tune until 2018, I would be really interested how you find the difference between that and the Merc?

G-wagen looks great, and even better with some mud! As a newbie myself, the G will be better suited to roads at the moment than mine (but it is still being used, just with a light right foot).

As we had a 110 defender with a stage 2 tune until 2018, I would be really interested how you find the difference between that and the Merc?

I use the G Wagen at work so it gets used off road on a daily basis. It performs really well off road (despite me having three punctures so far - down to the tyres not the machine). The biggest difference is how comfortable it is on rough ground, it literally soaks up the bumps. The Defender was better suited for my daily roll off road and at times it would be asked to go some horrible spots that I just wont ask of the G Wagen. On the road, there is no comparison the Mercedes is just a dream to drive. Power is more than enough with the 350d (it would be nice to have had a 500 option - the 63 is just wild and I would likely rip of the side exhausts), the ride is really compliant and it feels more insulated than other jeeps I have driven. The raised seating position is close to the Defender, something I really like. Very pleased so far - other than the random annoying vibration.

Attachments

• g1.jpg
    g1.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 4
Welcome, Tom. :) 👍

Thanks for the feedback - we loved our Defender (best car I have ever had for summer breeze with both front windows open, and very narrow which is helpful so often), but they are hugely agricultural....albeit with bucket-loads of charm - presumably you get some right elbow room in the G too!

Hi and welcome any preferences on spec year etc😀

Hi and welcome any preferences on spec year etc😀
Not in any hurry for the right W204 C63. Preferably a P31 coupe in silver, black or grey. Would also consider a 507 but I can’t get my head around the prices being asked.

I know there are probably several threads on values and I will have a proper look on the site for these.

There is a really nice black low mileage car relatively local to me but the asking price is just short of £40. Just can’t get this.

Welcome to the forum Tom :thumb:

Cold one today

50864211882_f1862a6cdb_h.jpg

50864105466_9a8c892ede_h.jpg

Welcome to the forum! Your car's all frosted :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom