New member, just joined the clan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteStewardson

Car
C63 AMG
Hi all,

Just joined after signing my life away this afternoon. I've just treated myself to an '08 C63 AMG as a late birthday present.

Can't wait to collect her, hopefully on Saturday.

Pete

What a great birthday treat. Look forward to hearing all about it and maybe seeing a few pics.

Welcome to the site Pete.

Ant.

What a way to start life as a MB owner!

Thanks for the welcome.

Not sure if this will work but I took this outside the dealer after signing the paperwork :)

10295794_10153157883641086_6083847867006483314_n.jpg

I've wanted to get something special for a long while, promised myself I'd get something when I turned 40 last October but had to delay a little for various reasons. I was actually going to buy an S5 sportback but then I drove a C63. Well the noise, not much more to say. So I looked around and found this one in budget and went to see and buy it today :)

Can't wait.

That is gorgeous !! welcome to the forum

Nothing like jumping in two footed ha. Welcome and what a beast to start your love affair he he.

Thanks for the welcome. I really wanted a facelift as I prefer the lights and DRL on those, but in the end I couldn't justify the fairly hefty price difference. They both sound the same and I can't see the front when I'm sat in it :)

Not knowing these cars inside out yet, is there a way to find out what every option listed includes?

The dealer printed me an OASIS Enquiry that lists the options, but how do I then find out exactly what that means?

The three I'm interested in are

code 386 - telephone pre-wiring with hands free facility
code 581 - Luxury automatic air conditioning
code 512 - COMMAND - Integrated 6 disc CD/DVD changer, HDD map navigation, 4GB mus
code 810 - Surround sound system - Harman/Kardon 'LOGIC7'

Now it's fairly obvious what they are in some way, but not 100% sure on exactly what you get extra for each one.

Thanks got a few answers from that. Couldn't see what 581 gives me or what phones 386 will connect to. I guess the phone prep doesn't matter as it will likely not work with an iPhone and so I'll need to use the bluetooth anyway.

Auto-brochures.com seems to have only US spec cars. This site https://ragtop.org/mbbrochures/2008.html has UK (International) as well.

581 is the fully automatic a/c with more sophisticated (bloody complicated?) air blending and distribution. It also has its own diagnostics and display.

Last edited:
SA 581 - Luxury climate (Thermatronic) means a digital control unit with pollen and carbon filtration and sun sensor

SA 386 - Telephony pre-wiring means cradle in the centre armrest plus bluetooth connectivity

More info here -

Home @ Mercedes-Benz Connectivity

Great thanks all.

The spec also says 621 Intelligent Light System, is that just auto dipped beam headlights? Does the mean the car has Bi-Xenon headlights as well as the brochure isn't clear?

.....king lovely car, if you listen to this lot on the mb owners you won't go far wrong, enjoy the experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom