New member, long term Mercedes fan.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OldskoolRS

Car
C200
I just joined this evening from sunny Berkshire. I've had two company C Class cars: 2015 C220d 7 speed auto estate AMG Line, followed by a 2018 C220d 9 speed auto saloon AMG Line trim. I retired early in May, so we decided to go down to having one car. My wife had a 2011 SLK 250 petrol 125 Edition (there is a pattern here ;) ) and as she wasn't too bothered about what we bought (so long as it had 4/5 seats for the Grandkids or family to travel in) I got to buy another C Class. Yesterday we picked up a 2016 C200 auto in AMG Line trim (I'd miss those comfy heated seats otherwise : ) ), with only 30,000 miles on it.

I plan to do my own servicing and maintenance, so I've signed up here to get tips and information. I have also started a thread on the detailing process on the 'new' car as it's something I enjoy doing, though I confess my company cars didn't get much washing I'll make up for it with this one. :)

Just after I got home from the dealers yesterday:

On the drive edit.jpg

Hello and welcome

Nice W205 , but..

It was already on the car when I got it, so don't blame me.

I put AMG floor mats in it too, since I had them from my previous company car; hope I'm not going to be ostracized on my first week of joining. :oops::rolleyes:

I gave the nearside wheels a good clean yesterday and did the arches; perhaps I'll have to get some blanking covers for the AMG logo on them though. ;)

NS Rear before inside.png

NS Rear after inside.png

NS Rear after 2.png

Was going to do the offside this morning, but it's currently raining. :(

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum dude, looks like a clean car you picked up there! :)

Well 4 days in and it's a lot cleaner than it was when we collected our C200 (though to be fair I'm just picky). I've given it a good check over, lots of cleaning and machine polishing in between showers. Just doing a bit of research on here to find out a few things I'll need to know ready for a 31,000 mile service (autobox oil and filter change for one).

Had some nice comments on my detailing thread, but for those who don't venture down there here is the car after all my work this week. I would say I'm glad it's Friday, but since I'm retired now I guess it doesn't really matter what day it is. :)

Nearside polished.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom