New member + M-Class 'bits'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary430

Car
Merc ML430, Westfield Megablade
Hi - new boy here :eek: Have been involved with various BBS sites for many years (both as member and moderator) and look forward to sharing knowledge and experience with you all - although it might be a bit one-way to start with :rolleyes:

Have had an ML430 for 3 months now, and love it. Very impressed all round. :bannana: Came from (in reverse chronological order) BMW 330d, Prodrive Subaru Impreza, Alfa GTV V6, BMW M3, Alfa 156, BMW 323, Alfa 145, Golf GTi.......oh and currently have a Motorbike engined Westfield for the sunny days and track days (no roof, no screen, no doors, power-to-weight ratio of a Lamborghini Diablo, 14,000rpm redline.... :devil: )

Anyway onto the first question....

Tempted to change the wheels on the M-Class, and do 'something' with the front bumper (replace for AMG version or adding a front bar).

MB/AMG/Carlsson/Brabus all want a small fortune (£2500-3000 for 4 wheels, £1000 for front bar etc :crazy: )

Are there any reputable MB tuning/styling firms out there that do styling parts for the M-Class? or a useful source of 2nd hand MB wheels??

First tip/recommendation....

Needed 2 new tyres, 275/55/17, MB dealer quoted £190/tyre, the tyre nationals (Kwik-fit/national/ATS) ranged from £180 to £230, local independant - Pemberton Tyres 01942 222413 - did it for £100.54 :rock:

Welcome to the forum, nice lineup of cars...

For an ML, you will struggle to find anywhere that will do cheap AMG's etc and a cheap bull bar.

We got 4 x AMG's and yokohama tyres for ours at £2000 with trade discount.
Also, got a bull bar at £350 that came from a demonstration car that was as new.

Check e-bay every now and then. It is your best bet.

I have an AMG rear bumper sitting around, wonder if i can find a front one for you...:rolleyes: ;)

Thanks V12, let me know if you find one lying around ;)

Again without entering the forray of the dustbin exhaust'd crowd, are there performance exhausts available for the M-class? The engine does feel a little strangled with the standard exhaust and it would be nice to let the V8 bellow just a little bit more :devil:

Thanks again

Yes, AMG and brabus both do exhausts that i am aware of, probably more as well, but be wraned these are very expensive and wont improve the performance that much...;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom