New member, maybe interested in a SLK 55 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RHDV8

Car
SLK55 amg.
Hi new to this forum as doing some research on maybe buying a SLK 55 amg soon ish.

Thanks, will do but not too many about. Lots to read about them first I think.

Not sure if this one is still available? It's a nice spec...

Not sure if this one is still available? It's a nice spec...
Thanks, I had seen that one but it has some options I wouldn’t choose to have, mainly the magic roof and p30 option for the suspension as I’m not too keen on the firmer ride. But saying that I’m not sure how firm it would be. To be very honest, after watching the walk around video I’m not keen on the boot mounted antenna but I do like the colour. The worry about buying privately and with no warranty has to be taken into account too.
Boy do I sound fussy!

Boy do I sound fussy!
Not at all - you're looking for a car with the spec you want.

Must admit that I can't help on the P30 suspension as Angie's car doesn't have it. Regarding the Magic Sky roof, I personally wouldn't pay money for it over a standard pano roof, but if it was a choice between car A with Magic Sky and car B with a steel roof, I'd have the one with Magic Sky. The driving assistance package on that car is rare, and something I had on both my E63's and I really miss not having it on long motorway runs.

The basic R172 55 is pretty well spec'd (as you've probably worked out already) but surprisingly didn't include Airscarf which I absolutely wouldn't be without, nor parking sensors that are very useful as you can't see the extremities of the car from the driver's seat.

Good luck with your search and I hope you find what you're looking for 👍

Yeah im looking for one too and researching running costs etc as it would be my first big boy pants car

Had a 2012 R172 SLK - absolutely loved it , best car I ever had over the 55 years I have been running them. I only sold it because wasn't feeling brilliant and wanted some cash towards a house move. Sorted the health issues with a pacemaker and have regretted selling it ever since 😥. It was low mileage 25 k approx but was very reliable for the 18 months I had it except for needing software update for exhaust flaps, cost me £75 at th dealers. Engine is epic but it can be very frugal on petrol with the Eco mode, great long distance motor, as long as you are not too tall or of above average bulk!

Thanks thats interesting. I saw a post i think on pistonheads or a facebook forum about a chap who sold his after not feeling well snd it was flipped into a dealers and sold for silly profit sounds like your one? I want to do some euro trips away so slighty good on fuel is a bonus on a run as do fancy some miles just dont want to get any £1500/£3000 bills but id hope they are quite rare if well serviced etc. I was interested in looking at the colchester one as ironically its not from me at all. Thanks

It was here, my car , bought from a MB dealer at six years old and 18 k miles. Got 2 years MB warranty with it. Just make sure whatever you buy has a full MB ( or very good Indi ) service record , including gearbox services. You need Airscarf ( as well as a V8 ) , mine was an early 2012 and had the solid roof , had a cream interior, really should have kept this car, future classic in my view and I just love a naturally aspirated V8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom