New member - Mill Hill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ajmalsherif

Car
Mercedes
Hi everyone - hope the Christmas shopping is building momentum?
I have a lovey old lady...Avantgarde W211, E240 auto. Absolutely amazing performance which i occasionally put to the test :)

I love the cruise control but it does scare me...stories of how things can go wrong (not in a Merc) eg braking wont reduce speed. Has anyone heard of this going wrong and is there anything in the book on how to react. Perhaps break like crazy or put car in neutral?

Do you all know the trick about holding down the recycle button if you want to close all windows should you drive through smoke/dust. When you pass the pollution simply press it again and ALL the windows return to the same opening!

Look forward to asking you learned folks a myriad of questions on how to keep this old bird going strong

I will say bon nuit

Welcome to the forum.

Regarding the cruise control those stories are just that, stories!

Never had any issues with cruise control on any car I owned.

Also, I can understand the issue with sudden acceleration catching drivers out when driving around a bend etc, but I never quite understood those stories about drivers losing control of their vehicle for miles on end without being able to switch-off the ignition or shift out of gear. These stories just don't sound right...

Hi. Welcome to the forum. I have never experienced problems with cruise control in all my years of driving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom