New Member ML63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlistairM

Car
ML63 W166 & Morgan Aero Coupe
Hello.

Been lurking for a short time, now gone legal.

Just bought an Obsidian ML63 W166 with Performance pack and £20k of extras, 17k miles on the clock and very fresh. Nice. Enjoying it a lot but have only had to fill up once so far!

We had a previous MB history. CL600 W216 bought for a song pre-owned. Probably the most luxurious car we have ever owned. E63 Estate W212 which MB were offering on silly cheap leases. Great car. M157 is an amazing engine.

At the end of the E63 I made a mistake and got an Audi RS6 Performance. Hated it. So aggressive and hard to drive at legal speeds as it wanted to go all the time. Numb to drive and 3 of 4 alloys went eccentric in 8000 miles. Sold it at the end of year 1 in order to retain my driving licence.

This is the first SUV I have had as I tended to enjoy handling before now. The active suspension is pretty good at keeping it flat but it is still 2.3 tons which you can feel in a bend. The view is nice and it does tend to make me drive slower which is good in this climate and camera infested region.

Enjoying the ML but considering a couple of tweaks.
1. HK Hifi is nice but could do with sharpening up. I have to say the HK in the ML is better than the E63 and CL600 overall. May look at the front speakers and tweeters being changed.

2. M157 with PP (550bhp) is quick and I have not explored it fully yet but am really considering a DMS 700 upgrade to make it a beast and also clean up the throttle response for day to day driving. It is a bit lazy to respond.

3. Possible slight lowering to enhance the stance of the tank. Not drug dealer sump scraping stuff but just enough to set it off.

Based in Winchester, in the IT industry and suffering from a severe petrol burning addiction.

Hope to learn lots from the experienced members here.

Attachments

• 121033_11_big.jpg
    121033_11_big.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 121033_13_big.jpg
    121033_13_big.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 25
Great looking car, to think you can squeeze 700bhp into a 4x4 is crazy numbers. I'd definitely lower it a little to give it stability at higher speeds

Very, very nice :thumb:

A superb choice.

Black interior?

Very, very nice :thumb:

A superb choice.

Black interior?

Black extended leather.
Heated and Cooled Front, Heated Rear.
Massage
HK sounds
TV & Rear Entertainment
Pano roof