New member near Peterborough

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

penribones

Car
E200K
Hi all

I'm picking up my first Mercedes this week, a 2001 E200K Elegance with 150k fully serviced miles.
After driving a '93 Passat on coliovers for a year my ageing body will be grateful of the supersmooth and comfy ride!

It was a bit of a spur of the moment purchase (once i'd checked the car was not a shed!) so i'm open to advice, what to look out for etc etc.

I'm toying with the idea of an LPG conversion. Anyone got any experience on these with this model and/or recommendations of fitters in East Anglia/East Mids

Adam

Hi Adam. Welcome to the site from a fellow (near) Peterborough resident. I can't answer any questions on your specific E200K because I've never owned one - but I'm confident you'll enjoy it.

I've driven but never owned, a couple of cars with LPG conversions and wasn't impressed. Neither ran smoothly all the time and it was always a PITA finding a fuel station that had it. Then when I did find one and it turned out to be their first visit on a cold morning, the LPG wouldn't deliver! Lots of patience needed. Of course things may have improved in the last five years or so since my experience. But unless you're planning on covering over 50k a year and don't mind the hassle I wouldn't bother with the conversion. Even then I very much doubt you'd recoup the initial costs.

I'm near Peterborough and run a 300GES on LPG. A well set up system will run fine. Mine was already converted but it was an awful job that needed a few hundred to rectify. There's a very good chap in Wellingborough. That said, I should have thought that you will have to do some serious mileage to recoup the outlay. Decent systems are not particularly cheap, more than you paid for your car probably.

I'm near Peterborough and run a 300GES on LPG. A well set up system will run fine. Mine was already converted but it was an awful job that needed a few hundred to rectify. There's a very good chap in Wellingborough. That said, I should have thought that you will have to do some serious mileage to recoup the outlay. Decent systems are not particularly cheap, more than you paid for your car probably.

Late Edit: I just came across the invoice for the LPG "repairs" it was in fact £660 :eek: And the chap is in Finedon, not Wellingborough:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom