New member - old problem.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Timbo30Dessie

Car
2014 B Class Mercedes B200 CDi
Hi
I would really appreciate some advice on a long standing DPF regeneration problem. I have a B200 CDI 2014 W246 and had completed the prescribed drive - 'above 2000 revs with above half tank of fuel for 45mins' in order to kick start the regen process but no dice. Subsequently I had the car in the dealers a number of times over a couple of months to no avail. They fitted new DPF sensor, completed some updates, and following the dealer visits the MIL light would stay off for a week - giving me false hope - and then BOOM back on again. Having thrown much of my hard earned down the toilet I decided to invest in icarsoft MB11 based on the premise I could do no worse than the (s)tealers. I figured out how to complete a forced regen which worked fine, but only temporarily solved the problem. Then after completing an update at the dealers, and updating my icarsoft, my icarsoft would no longer 'set as new DPF' or carry out a 'regen'.
As all the readings (Back pressure, differential pressure, exhaust temp etc) were within tolerance (Apart from soot), and there were no problems with any sensors apart from an open circuit NSF heated mirror open circuit, I decided just to remove the DPF and have it cleaned but you've guessed it - still no good. To tell you the truth I am at a loss. I did read tho' that during regen the heated mirrors are turned on. Would the fact that there is an open circuit in my NSF heated mirror prevent a regen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom