New member Portsmouth, SLC.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

traveller816

Car
450 SLC
Hi guys, just a quick hello from Portsmouth in Hampshire. Finally bought an SLC something I've come close to a few times but never done. I have a '79 450 SLC, this is not my first Mercedes. A few years back I had a'78 450 SEL 6.9 a fantastic car but scarily expensive to fix should the suspension go AWOL! The SLC is a good car but needs a few bits sorting (mirror, driver seat worn, a good clean and ideally a nice Becker sourcing to replace the modern stereo), but on the whole it's sound. I also have a '64 Buick Wildcat big block manual car so I needed a tame car for when I'm not man enough for the Buick. Hope to meet some of you at the odd meet. All the best, Saul

Picture attached... ( if it works).

Attachments

• IMG_9139.jpg
    IMG_9139.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 30
Hi, welcome to the forum, nice car.

Hi & welcome - nice car :)

Would be good to see a picture of the Buick too!

Hi guys, sorry been a tough week. Thanks for the responses and I will post a picture of the Buick.

Buick

Here's the Buick, she's a 64 Wildcat fitted with a later 455 7.5ltr) from 1970 which we believe may have come out of an Oldsmobile Toronado producing 375 bhp in stock form. This is mated to a 4 speed manual transmission which makes thing pretty interesting. Fantastic to drive and can be a real animal in the wet. Pictured here next to my previously owned 67 Galaxie, a far prettier car certainly but not quite as much fun to drive.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 16
Welcome, did you paint the rear window vents blue or is that just a trick of the light? Nice Buick, got to love the GM big blocks. Mine right now is a Vortec 454 in a GMC dually.

Hi and welcome. Like the Widcat and I too had a Galaxy but many years ago now. 1966 car with a 390 in it IIRC.

Have you got your name down for Benz on the Green? Local to you and I'm sure a lot of people would like to see the SLC. :)

I think the vents were painted by a previous owner, it's quite subtle but I may try to go back to silver at some point. You're right, nothing like a big block and the sound is to die for. 454 in a dually sound like fun.

Hi and welcome. Like the Widcat and I too had a Galaxy but many years ago now. 1966 car with a 390 in it IIRC.

Have you got your name down for Benz on the Green? Local to you and I'm sure a lot of people would like to see the SLC. :)

Id love to come along but it looks like I'm working that weekend. If I can swap it I will attend.

Hi and welcome...nice cars!!:thumb:

Now that one I can make, if the SLC is in the body shop I may have to take the Buick but I can park it round the corner out of sight.

Either would be great to see ... we generally have a few interesting non-Mercs there. I've also taken the Vito a couple of times when the weather was too nasty for the SL :D

PS I bet the Buick sounds good in the Hindhead tunnel!

Hi welcome to the forum nice car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom