New Member question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nifty65

Unhelpful Member
Car
2016 x218 CLS 350
Hello fellow MB fans,

As a new contributor may I ask if it is preferred that one searches for existing topics and then adds to them or is it acceptable to start a new thread about a subject that has been discussed before. From other forums that I belong to there have been mixed thoughts on this. Many people say to just start a new thread but some say this has already been dealt with so do some searching?

Just want to make sure no one gets upset.

Best regards
Graham

Welcome aboard, Graham.

I don't understand why people get upset if a subject has already been covered and a new thread on the same is started.

The new thread can unearth new points of interest and knowledge, so personally, I would just ask away.

We are a pretty friendly bunch on here.

HTH.

Paul.

Hello fellow MB fans,

As a new contributor may I ask if it is preferred that one searches for existing topics and then adds to them or is it acceptable to start a new thread about a subject that has been discussed before. From other forums that I belong to there have been mixed thoughts on this. Many people say to just start a new thread but some say this has already been dealt with so do some searching?

Just want to make sure no one gets upset.

Best regards
Graham
Graham

Welcome to the Forum.

If you find a thread that is of interest and you wish to add your contribution go ahead! Or, if you have a query etc then start a new thread.

Thanks guys,

I must say it does seem to be a very friendly and polite forum which is a nice change from some that very quickly become confrontational and unpleasant.

I love the dark side of the moon Avatar Paul :thumb:. Many memories there!

Cheers
Graham

Well hello.... :D

Welcome aboard

I think you'll find that the 'netiquette' is quite relaxed here compared to some other forums, but in general terms it is best to start a new thread in the correct section.

(There are some exceptions, but they are all in the Off-Topic section)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom