New member saying hi!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

koopz

Car
SL500
Hi guys, been reading the forum and just signed up as I'm looking to buy my first Mercedes! Have my heart set on an R230 SL500 - well read up on potential issues and what to look for but I have seen a particular car here - SL500 for sale - does anyone know this car or have any thoughts? (Reg is - LG52 XYW)

I'm in Northern Ireland and there's hardly any SL's over here so will need to travel to get one, which means I can't easily inspect it in person myself. If there is a better section on the forum to ask this question please let me know! Thanks and looking forward to being an active member on the site

Hi and welcome 👍

Hi There and welcome, I couldn't open the link, but when i researched before i purchased mine the service history is very important especially the ABC functionality..... and of course look out for the metal mice that can be an issue around the front wings and rear wings.... Oh and when you do get a chance to view check that the roof works smoothly up and down.

You will get a feel as soon as you see it, and know if it is the one for you!

I love mine

Good luck

Thanks for the reply! Quite an old post now though!

I've had the car for just over a year and it's easily the best car I've ever owned, not without its issues though (mainly ABC related).

Since I've had it I've done the following:

Transmission service
Replaced front and rear accumulators
Replaced ABC tandem pump

The front valve block could probably do with a service/rebuild, but its OK for now.

Oh, and the boot still leaks haha. Other than that though she's great 👍

Hello and welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom