new member saying hi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fyonn

Car
BMW 330d
Good evening folks,

after trying several other marques over the years, this time I've ended up with a merc. I've just availed myself of a nice blue 2001 SLK320 auto which I'm enjoying alot so far. of course now I've bought a convertable, the weather has turned nasty, but that's only to be expected.

I'll come up with some pictures in due course... when the weather improves I expect...

now I'm thinking towards the little tweaks that I need to do. Firstly, I ought to get my old xenon kit into this new car and then a few other little niceties come to mind and I'll look at them in due course :)

anyway, just wanted to check in and say hi.

dave

Welcome to the forum Dave :bannana:

Welcome! Not sure if you have seen the thread yet, but we have a NW GTG at the Bulls Head in Wigan on the 1st Wednesday of each month - Go take a look here. It's always a pleasant evening and would be good to see ya!

welcome on board :) please as suggested start with the evolution pedal modification, and then you'll be in a never ending story:D

Hello and welcome Dave, from another Dave.

First mod to do if you dont have it already is the simple evolution pedal one.

http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5517

Portzy.

The 320 should already have them ;)

Welcome from another 320 owner. What's the spec on yours? You've already mentioned getting xenons fitted - must admit they are rather the bizz:D Photo's a deffo as soon as please :D

What other tweaks do you have in mind? You might be interested in the Sprintbooster currently going through a group buy - I'm getting one as the slight lag between foot down and take off does annoy - only on occasion though ;)

I'm investigating another mod too atm which I'll share once it happens.

Hello Dave

Welcome aboard... you will find lot of useful information here... well thats what I think :p

Also, this is my first post on this forum :D

Good Morning, and welcome!! :)

Welcome! Not sure if you have seen the thread yet, but we have a NW GTG at the Bulls Head in Wigan on the 1st Wednesday of each month - Go take a look here. It's always a pleasant evening and would be good to see ya!

ahh yes, the infamous get togethers, I guess I'll just let shude drag me along to the next one he goes to (I know him outside these forums).

pammy said:
What's the spec on yours? You've already mentioned getting xenons fitted - must admit they are rather the bizz Photo's a deffo as soon as please

What other tweaks do you have in mind? You might be interested in the Sprintbooster currently going through a group buy - I'm getting one as the slight lag between foot down and take off does annoy - only on occasion though

spec of mine? lazulite blue with two tone black and blue interior, heated electric seats and I think everything else is standard. the slk didn't come with alot of options did it?

well, I had a hids4u xenon kit installed in my last BMW, wasn't going to let thse go with the outgoijg car so they're in a box in the spare room at the moment. when the weather clears up I'll have to have a look under the bonnet to get an idea of what is involved getting them installed.

other tweaks, well, rear parking sensors would be nice, got used to those in the last two cars I owned (bmw and a volvo). I'm interested in the garage door opener as I live in flats with a remote opened gate, I assume it would work...

Dimming RVM would be nice but I can liv without it, wondering about those perspex wind stoppers, anyone any experience? worth it or not?

and then the big one, NAV. not sure wha to do about nav. I already have a tomtom 910 btu I don't like having wires trailing about the car so I'd be interested in finding somewhere/way to semi permanently install it in the car so I can just leave it. by semi permanently I mean i a way that it liiks like it might be supposed to be there. the cubby hole in front of the gearstick which is about the right size, but I'm not sure how to do it. or I could spring for some more expensive option built in option, don't know.

still getting used to the car atm :)

dave

wondering about those perspex wind stoppers, anyone any experience? worth it or not?

Yes and yes :D. I dont think there is an official MBZ perspex one though for the R170 but there are plenty of other manufacturers who make them.

Portzy.

Last edited:
There were a number of options on the SLK - less on the 320 as more were standard - but mine has got heated seats - option, wood/leather steering wheel - option, xenons - option, silver grille - mod. Do you have Bose? That was an option - mine doesn;t :(

Auto dimming rvm is not doable as you don't have the power there because of the vario roof ;) Shude and I have discussed this on a number of occassions and it's just not doable - if you find a way though;)

You might want to think about front parking sensors rather than rear. The back is short and stubby - not a prob - but the nose is long and low.:eek:

Yes welcome Dave. Pammy i know a couple of people who have a long and low nose. :)

portzy said:
Yes and yes
biggrin.gif
. I dont think there is an official MBZ perspex one though for the R170 but there are plenty of other manufacturers who make them.

so the ones on ebay for £35 are as good a wind stopper (or better?) than the mesh thing and perfectly see-through-able? if so then I might need to make an ehay investment :)

There were a number of options on the SLK - less on the 320 as more were standard - but mine has got heated seats - option, wood/leather steering wheel - option, xenons - option, silver grille - mod. Do you have Bose? That was an option - mine doesn;t :(

not got wood alas, my steering wheel is trimmed in black and blue to match the seats though. no xenons, normal grille and no bose.

pammy said:
Auto dimming rvm is not doable as you don't have the power there because of the vario roof ;) Shude and I have discussed this on a number of occassions and it's just not doable - if you find a way though;)

well, it was an option for the car, and one of the slk's I test drove had an autodimming RVM, is the witing not there? could it not be put there?

pammy said:
You might want to think about front parking sensors rather than rear. The back is short and stubby - not a prob - but the nose is long and low.:eek:

hids4u have parking sensor kits for under £30, could do both... I wonder if you can tweak the frequency of the beep? :)

dave

PS. thanks for being so friendly everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom