New Member & Some Help Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jake89

Car
c220 Avantgarde
First of all hello to everyone. I have recently purchased a 2005 c220 CDi Avantgarde for a daily driver. It is the first Mercedes i have owned and the first German car too!! I'm a 'Jap Crap' driver usually but thought i would get something with a little more class and comfort :thumb:

Abit about the car - Silver, FSH, Sports Pack, just ticked over 100k miles & generally a very tidy car for its age.

Previous cars - ep3 civic type r, ek9 civic type r, mitsubishi evo 5 and i currently have a JDM Honda s2000 Type V track build on the go!

Right, i wonder if anyone can help me with a few things as I literally know nothing about Mercs!

I need all round pads and discs but i rang my local motor factors and their are 2 size options available (Front 330mm & 360mm - i think) & (Rear 278mm & 290mm).
Now i know i shouldn't be lazy and go take the discs off and measure them myself, but for time sake does anyone know what models had the bigger brakes? I have the 'Sports Pack' with the Mercedes branded front Calipers and the Drilled Discs, so im guessing it would be the larger diameter discs?

Also, my exhaust decided to split into 2 yesterday at the flexi. So i have it booked in for a full system, dpf delete and remap. Anyone actually had their 15 year old Avantgarde mapped? If so, was it worth it?

I will get some pics up of the old girl once shes had a clean if anyones interested. Not the most exciting Merc i know :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom