New member thing about an E55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_boy

Thought I'd better introduce myself.

Thinking about a W211 E55 Estate.

Seen a couple advertised with one that's pretty close.
Just need to decide if rwd is for me since I said the last time I wouldn't go back (although that's in another thread)

Currently living just outside Newcaslte and am driving a stop gap (Vectra diesel) until I device what to get next.

That E55 that is close to you is owned by a forum member on here.

Looks a great car and nice spec.

I could be tempted myself but happy with mine.

Its a hell of a way to decide if RWD for you buying a car that has so much power at the rear wheels :)

I've driven some fairly fast cars in my time (in the 5s to 60 and 1/4 miles in the 13s), but these things are absurd.

Can whole-heartedly recommend one, as I'm sure would the other E55ers on here!

^ I thought my 330Ci Manual was reasonably quick until my old boss took me out in his new at the time S211 E55.

WOW WOW WOW WOW

His speedo went round quicker than my rev counter.

I remember the 'G-force' seats holding you in....awesome. Probably why in the first few months of him owning it the trip was doing 14mpg as he used to plant it on any occasion :)

Yeah, I know what you mean.

I thought the M3 Evolution manual (321BHP) I owned a decade ago was incredibly fast but that seems a bit slow now...

:D

I found it really hard when I first test-drove it to remain poker-faced, and in fact I wasn't able to after the first 5 minutes.

:bannana:

When my boss drove off a main road and did a detour to find a long straight country road.

Stopped the car.

Planted the go pedal.

I did laugh out loud and smiled like a cheshire cat :) it's almost not normal to go that quick in a seven seater !!

Thing is I don't get, what do you guys that Have E55's swap for? the E63 will not 'feel' much in it I guess?

When my boss drove off a main road and did a detour to find a long straight country road.

Stopped the car.

Planted the go pedal.

I did laugh out loud and smiled like a cheshire cat :) it's almost not normal to go that quick in a seven seater !!

Thing is I don't get, what do you guys that Have E55's swap for? the E63 will not 'feel' much in it I guess?

The first time I nailed it onto a dual carriageway, I did exactly the same. I had the window open to hear it as well and was just laughing with freezing cold air blowing in my face (I felt sorry for the salesman, he was cool about it though as was a fellow-petrolhead).

In terms of successor, there isn't going to be a lot that is this affordable to beat it.

The E63 is slightly quicker to 60, so at least you will maintain that stupidity but I doubt I will be able to get something noticeably faster.

I guess the Skyline R35 is only thing but it seems a few people I know of who've bought them aren't able to live with them.

E63 is the only way...

:bannana:

Last edited:
Fastest car I have ever been in was my ex-TL's Audi RS6+ which was remapped by Kim Collins. Unbelieveable and it stuck to the road like glue.

My old VR4 was pretty nippy, twin turbo V6 with active yaw etc.
BMW E34 M5 has 340bhp although by the time I owned it I think a few horses had gone South.

Never owned a V8 though.
It's been a while since I owned a car that drank so much :cool:

Get in the driving seat of an 300bhp supercharged Ariel atom, then you'll know what acceleration is :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom