New member to the club.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Medders3245

Car
2011 Audi A5 TDI Sline (170) cab
I've owned a number of R129 SL's over the past 10 years and spent a small fortune maintaining them. I have enjoyed every single one of them though and have built up knowledge about each model/year's problems , including wiring looms , head gaskets , ignition , roof control units ( and where to get them repaired with a lifetime guarantee etc) etc etc. Recently retired I have treated myself to a 2005 SL350 in black with the ABC option which works. ( Read many horrors of £1000 per corner if it goes wrong) with a full MBSH and 65K. Lined the boot area with high quality bin bags and keepng an eye on the moisture since we're having the coldest March since 1963 when I was 2. Looks like the roof seals have been done properly on mine ( !!?). The R230 drives like a dream and isn't far off the pace with my old 1991 500SL quad cam which went to a loving home somewhere down south.( The car should still have my old number on J500 DCM if you're out there?). I've read many threads and look forward to reading more.
Medders

Ladies and gentlemen,

I have been a lurker on here for some time and would like to thank you all for your effort and time take to share knowledge. We have 3 mercedes in our family; a W202 C250TD Estate which belongs to my father. A C220 CDI Coupe Evolution (with pan roof) belonging to my sister and my own CLK270 CDI which I have loved over 30k miles in two years.

I'll put some pics up soon.

Thanks
Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom