New Member with 1st Mercedes W202 C240

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MBCLKsport

Car
CLK
Hi all,

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself after purchasing my first Mercedes-Benz earlier this year in Feb 2006.

Firstly, even though I haven't posted anything before, I would say this is a great forum as I have found a lot of useful information on this site over the past few months. So thanks all :)

Now to the car.....It's a late 1998 W202 C-Class C240 Sport in Black with Black leather, I spent months looking for this exact specification with low mileage, FSH and with no modifications! To my delight I finally found one that had covered only 40,000 miles. I had an ex-Mercedes mechanic to check it out and he gave it the thumbs up.

Since its purchase, I have done the following:

1. Service 'B' with spark plug change carried out at the very helpful George Fraser garage. I supplied my own Mobil 1 0w-40 oil (best oil in my opinion)

2. MAS replaced (Bosch) due to gear changes occurring later than expected. Made the world of difference to gear changes and performance.

3. I have installed Avantgarde style grill inserts that I purchased of ebay. I decided to go for the aftermarket part for this as it was only for aesthetics and I couldn't justify the Mercedes stealership price.

4. Replaced the standard 16" alloys for the AMG 17" Monoblocks from a C43. Have currently got Continental Contisports2 tyres, 225/45/17 Y rating at the front and 245/40/17 Y rating at the rear. Will be replacing the rubber with Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's early next year. The conti's are good but the F1's are amazing.

5. This week I am replacing the factory fitted Sony XR-C5100R with an aftermarket Sony F7750 (in graphite) due to the need for an MP3 compatible CD player. Being an Alpine man it was a hard decision for a Sony, however it allows me to keep the Sony CD changer that is already installed and with an 7 band EQ gives me good control over the sound.

6. I have replaced the brake switch as that annoying orange light appeared on the dash a few times.

Here is a pic of my car (well I hope there is, not sure if I did it properly)

w202_c240.JPG

Nice looking car and welcome. Lots of nice people here. Any questions and someone will be there with an answer for you.

Welcome to the forum, Nice Motor :cool: , wheels could do with a clean tho..:D ;)

Welcome:), and enjoy the wealth of information in the forum and friendly banter throughout the club!

I've got your car's big brother - 1998 C280Sport - your's sounds a much nicer spec though!!! not complaining but leather would be soooooooo much nicer,and an arm rest - pah don't even talk about arm rests!

Welcome once again.

EDIT - By the way - where you from? Driveway looks slightly mediteranean[although they are a Marshall's Block!!!], your details don't say?

Last edited:
Welcome indeed - your car does look lovely :rock:

Thank you all for your feedback, much appreciated :)

BIG Sean said:
I've got your car's big brother - 1998 C280Sport - your's sounds a much nicer spec though!!! not complaining but leather would be soooooooo much nicer,and an arm rest - pah don't even talk about arm rests!

EDIT - By the way - where you from? Driveway looks slightly mediteranean[although they are a Marshall's Block!!!], your details don't say?

I would have preferred the C280 (more BHP is always nice) but couldn’t find one in Black with low mileage, but no complaints the C240 is great!

I’m actually from West London. The photo was taken in Brixham (Devon), my first long journey in the Mercedes, and what a pleasant journey it was :)

Welcome, can't see your photo !!

C43AMG said:
Welcome, can't see your photo !!

That's strange you can't see it, hmmm I wonder if I did anything wrong!

Well to get an idea of what it looks like, look at your C43, imagine it a bit higher of the ground, and with slightly smaller wheels, and your nearly there!

Interesting you have command in your W202....hmmmmmm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom