New member with 2012 C350 CGI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlexGreen

Car
C350 CGI Estate
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to say hello. Had my 2012 C350 CGI estate a couple years now. Being as the engines are as rare as rocking horse 💩 I figured this is probably the best place to direct some questions about it at some point.

Landed with it as I wanted something fast, reliable and practical after getting bored of the V6 Passat and buying an A4 with dead piston rings 🤦‍♂️

I'll get some pictures up once I'm on the desktop so I can compress them a bit first.

Out of interest, anyone here had the motor remapped?

Welcome!

The (facelift) C350 CGI is indeed a rare and magnificent beast. And, even more so, as an estate.

Hi and welcome , am in West Wales

Evening (and hello)

I have the same (if its the M276) in my coupe - lovely engine, great choice.
Remapping an N/A engine isn't really going to deliver a great deal, but GAD have mapped one or two with the BHP increasing modestly from 306 to 330 or so, with a few more torques as well
Throttle response apparently improves, (I don't consider it poor, at least on mine) but the real problem is that the power is only at the top end so you'd have to "rag the rear off it" to take advantage

MSL also quote around 22BHP and 22NM whilst DMS (local to me) quoted similar - yes I have looked into it.

Its really not a lot, it's not value for money compared to a turbo engine remap, and its all going to be at 5k and above....

You could just make it sound better with anything from a res delete (I did) through to a custom exhaust which will of course help (a bit)
And, just keep the S button pressed

photos eagerly awaited

Thanks for the replies. I have kept an eye on the market since I've bought it and not seen another without silly miles on it, I'm on 78k.

There's a place by me offering 322bhp/400Nm on a remap for £195 so I think it could be worth a dabble for that. I've got an X pipe waiting for a res delete too as it is a little quiet.

The S button is always pressed! First thing I do when I get in.

Anyone had an LSD fitted?

Thanks for the replies. I have kept an eye on the market since I've bought it and not seen another without silly miles on it, I'm on 78k.

There's a place by me offering 322bhp/400Nm on a remap for £195 so I think it could be worth a dabble for that. I've got an X pipe waiting for a res delete too as it is a little quiet.

The S button is always pressed! First thing I do when I get in.

Anyone had an LSD fitted?

They make C63 estates, you do know that, right? :D

Welcome Alex. I also have a 2012 C350 CGI, but mine is a saloon. I’ve had mine from new and it’s still only done 35k. I haven’t done any modifications because I’m more than happy with it as it is. Even with the Dynamic Handling Package (tightens suspension and tweaks the gearbox) that I have I can’t see the point of having any more power. I’d want lots of other handling mods before considering mapping. Rather than going to all that trouble and expense I’d change to a C63 for more meaningful performance. Anyway, you do what you want and enjoy it.

B15F9190-8471-4AFA-9637-52D6310C5140.jpeg

I take it you were driving on the wrong side of the road as well.....? o_O :)

They make C63 estates, you do know that, right? :D
I'd love to, bit expensive for my budget ATM tho. 2 young kids and currently moving house, all expensive hobbies!

Welcome Alex. I also have a 2012 C350 CGI, but mine is a saloon. I’ve had mine from new and it’s still only done 35k. I haven’t done any modifications because I’m more than happy with it as it is. Even with the Dynamic Handling Package (tightens suspension and tweaks the gearbox) that I have I can’t see the point of having any more power. I’d want lots of other handling mods before considering mapping. Rather than going to all that trouble and expense I’d change to a C63 for more meaningful performance. Anyway, you do what you want and enjoy it.

View attachment 103173

Lucky boy with a handling pack! I wish the original owner of this ticked that box!

Welcome, Alex. :) 👍

Lucky boy with a handling pack! I wish the original owner of this ticked that box!
It cost £500 at the time, an extra cost that would no doubt deter quite a lot of people. But the option boxes I ticked came to a total of over £9k so a relatively easy decision for me. Made even easier by negotiating with the dealer to pay for half those options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom