New member with 2012 C350 CGI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To me that option would be a no-brainer, probably the first option I would tick!

Half price options too, winner winner. No wonder you're happy with it :)

To me that option would be a no-brainer, probably the first option I would tick!

Half price options too, winner winner. No wonder you're happy with it :)
I must confess that I rarely use it these days. Although I do often use it when around your neck of the woods when visiting my son who lives in the valleys north of Bridgend. :cool:

I must confess that I rarely use it these days. Although I do often use it when around your neck of the woods when visiting my son who lives in the valleys north of Bridgend. :cool:
I have some friends over that way, nice roads to have some fun on :)

I didn't even know there was an E500, what motor is in there?

The one I have has the n/a 5.5. 390-ish bhp. There are approx 12 estates in the UK. When the facelift happened, MB pretty much stopped doing petrol E's other than the AMG's. At the same time they stopped bringing in C350 CGI's.

Shame, as Audi & BMW kept on addressing the small but healthy market for large-engined petrols that were running 300-400bp. The choice from MB became either a diesel or a 500bhp+ petrol.

See S6's, 545's 335's etc.

The one I have has the n/a 5.5. 390-ish bhp. There are approx 12 estates in the UK. When the facelift happened, MB pretty much stopped doing petrol E's other than the AMG's. At the same time they stopped bringing in C350 CGI's.

Shame, as Audi & BMW kept on addressing the small but healthy market for large-engined petrols that were running 300-400bp. The choice from MB became either a diesel or a 500bhp+ petrol.

See S6's, 545's 335's etc.
n/a 5.5 sounds epic!

has it been reliable? I'm lusting after a V8 next, something like this could be a good option. Obviously finding one is the first issue.

n/a 5.5 sounds epic!

has it been reliable? I'm lusting after a V8 next, something like this could be a good option. Obviously finding one is the first issue.

Hi Alex, yes it's been reliable. I made my way to it via 2 x C43's then an earlier E500 (a 5.0).

It's on 71k now. I've done 16k or so over the last 3.5 years and, like the last one, it's been pretty solid although I'll need to do the rear air bags in the next few months.

The 5.5 is a big step up from the 5.0. More power and torque all the way. Low 5's to 60, 11 point something to 100. But very relaxed about the way it goes about things.

Buy this one. Forum member.

So,

I ended up getting my X pipe and remap sorted :)

Drive is much more responsive now and sounds rather naughty with the X pipe :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom