New Member With a Old Merc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
She's a stunner mate, I can understand why you say she's a keeper ;)

These old Mercs have classic lines and look really good even today, elegant, understated and cool :cool:

Not surprised it's winning awards, hard to beat a clean old Mercedes.

I think some old lucas front spots would fit nicely.

Thanks mate & yeah I have seen a few with some fitted. :thumb:

She's a stunner mate, I can understand why you say she's a keeper ;)

These old Mercs have classic lines and look really good even today, elegant, understated and cool :cool:

Thanks mate. :thumb:

Awesome, seriously love this thing. I've got a w210 estate on air and every time I see either this or the brown one thats floating about I seriously contemplate looking into older mercs.

Absolutely epic car :)

Awesome, seriously love this thing. I've got a w210 estate on air and every time I see either this or the brown one thats floating about I seriously contemplate looking into older mercs.

Absolutely epic car :)

Its been a busy few months of shows & meets for the Mercedes.

First a local Retro meet which I won best car of the evening.

Then I decided to take it along to the Forge Motorsport Action Day at Castle Coombe.

On the Forge Motorsport stand.

While I was there I got invited to 100% Tuning in Rotterdam which I really couldn't say no too as its not often you get invited to such a big show, so ferry & hotel was booked & off we went.

Inbetween waiting for then the previous owner sent me some pictures he found of the car.

So cool as that is one thing I do want to do in the future is use it for a wedding car.

Back in the bodyshop for some more little touch ups & I had the whole of the underneath plus inner arches undersealed, no pics tho im afraid.

Also ordered a new boot rubber & Grille rubber which I haven't fitted yet.

So then the time came for the long journey from Devon to Rotterdam which I must admit I was looking forward to lol !

Met up with a few mates in Bristol on the way & then carried on to Dover to catch the 07.30am ferry to Calais.

On the Ferry

Setting up at the show in the Ahoy arena.

And some better ones ive found from over the 2 days.

On the Sunday evening we had to move the cars from the hall we were parked in ready for the trip home on Monday morning.

And then we started the long journey home after a fantastic weekend at the show.

One of many fuel stops.

It wasn't a great journey home, well not bad apart from the pot holes in Belgium.

Bent 2 lips.

So it was lucky I ordered these before I went, 2 inch ones for the front & with these I can then work out how wide I can go on the rear.

So all in all it was a great trip apart a few hiccups, defiantly recommend it for next year.

With the bent lip problems & the time of year I decided to put the white walls back on which really suit the car, some people think even better than the splits but im not sure about that maybe as good.

That's all for now, plenty to come over the winter so watch this space.

Beautiful job. Personally, I don't like the slammed look - form over function - but undeniably beautifully done.

Yup for me looks better with white walls and the center caps

Just wish you would "pump it up" a little to stock ride height and grab a pic :thumb:

I would need a gum shield in to drive that distance with those other rims on :)

Can't believe the damage to the rims! Is that because the pot-holes are so big, or because the car is so low?

And the whitewalls are super cool, no hardship having them on the car at all ;)

Can't believe the damage to the rims! Is that because the pot-holes are so big, or because the car is so low?

And the whitewalls are super cool, no hardship having them on the car at all ;)

It was a biggish pot hole mate as I don't drive the car that low.

And thanks they are cool. :thumb:

Yup for me looks better with white walls and the center caps

Just wish you would "pump it up" a little to stock ride height and grab a pic :thumb:

I would need a gum shield in to drive that distance with those other rims on :)

Thanks mate & here you go best one I have at the moment.

And it doesn't drive to bad actually even all that way. :thumb:

Wow, I've just joined the group because I purchased a W114 on Monday and this is the perfect thread I was looking for, always been a vdub guy but the w114 is just stunning and this has made me week at the knees.

Wow, I've just joined the group because I purchased a W114 on Monday and this is the perfect thread I was looking for, always been a vdub guy but the w114 is just stunning and this has made me week at the knees.

Have just come across this thread. WOW! Truly outstanding work, and what an absolute stunning machine! Hats off to you sir!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom