New Member With a Old Merc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just a small update, finally got my new front lips & worked how wide I can go on the rear, so they are now on order.

Fronts.

Test fitting the fronts on the rear.

Oh yeah & this happened,engine & box out for a clean,Polish,paint etc.

More updates to come soon.

Last edited:
Painting the engine bay too I hope? Looking great mate! Wheels are exactly right for that car.

Not much of a update but I've now stripped the rest of the engine bay apart from a few wires.

Going off to the bodyshop very soon for prep & paint.

Also here is a little teaser of the new wheel centre colour.

Hopefully the next updates will be a lot better.

Makes me want an old Mercedes so bad. Must resist!

Hi, and welcome to the community. You realy have something special there. My first Merc was a W115, similar but more basic, two litre petrol with a manual box. Two tons and no power steering, or any other frills for that matter, but of all the cars I had, i cherished that the most. A rare combination of simplicity and superb build quality. Hope it brings you the sense of contentment mine did, and the admiring glances from other drivers.

Been a long time coming but the progress on the engine bay took a whole different direction as the car has pretty much had a brand new front end.

Here are a few quick pictures,I will do a full write once the car is all back together.

The rot.

Back to metal.

Epoxy primer.

Fingers crossed it will be painted this week. :thumb:

Nice, I had a W123 230 years ago, just an average car i ragged all over Europe, they built the right in those days.

Look forward to seeing it develop, especially on air.

It's looking amazing mate, nice to see a car stripped right back and done properly. Are you doing it yourself?

Nice, I had a W123 230 years ago, just an average car i ragged all over Europe, they built the right in those days.

Sounds fun mate.

Look forward to seeing it develop, especially on air.

Thanks. :thumb:

It's looking amazing mate, nice to see a car stripped right back and done properly. Are you doing it yourself?

Cheers mate & im helping on my days off but it's mostly getting done by the bodyshop.

Sorry for the lack of updates but been trying to push on & get the car finished for its first show this year in June.

So the car finally got painted.

Subframe was also modified for the new engine & painted to match the roof.

And then built back together with all new parts & other parts painted in black.

Then mounted back on the car.

Then finally got car back on its wheels after I got some tyres fitted on the freshly refurbed wheels.

With a small about of tweaking to the rear arches & camber adjustment on the front they now fit perfectly.

Then I had a few small patches welded in the floor & after I cleaned,prepped & painted the floor in a black epoxy rust protection paint, was going to go white but decided for black in the end as no one will ever see it.

Before.

After all ready for its new sound deadening & carpets.

And what's coming next.

Lots more to do yet before its finished but the worst is now out the way, more updates soon I promise this time.

Right finally some pictures after Photobucket went a bit crazy so i decided to change to Flickr.

Interior update.

So i had the original interior retrimmed while the engine was getting done over the last few months in Red Nutbourne Tweed just to be different than the normal leather, also fully sound deadened the car & added new carpets.

The trailer queen being dropped off at StudioIncar.

IMG_8003 by Ian Woodridge, on Flickr

New sound deadening.

IMG_8322 by Ian Woodridge, on Flickr

Carpets.

IMG_8359 by Ian Woodridge, on Flickr

Pics of the interior during & finished.

IMG_8603 by Ian Woodridge, on Flickr

IMG_8973 by Ian Woodridge, on Flickr

IMG_9251 by Ian Woodridge, on Flickr

IMG_9249 by Ian Woodridge, on Flickr

IMG_9248 by Ian Woodridge, on Flickr

IMG_9243 by Ian Woodridge, on Flickr

IMG_9168 by Ian Woodridge, on Flickr

While the car was there also i had the LPG tank removed & battery relocated to the boot hidden behind the boot install.

IMG_8174 by Ian Woodridge, on Flickr

IMG_8966 by Ian Woodridge, on Flickr

IMG_8967 by Ian Woodridge, on Flickr

Got loads of other pictures but these will do for now.

Last edited:
All pictures now changed to Flickr because of the PhotoBucket issue, what a ball ache that was lol just a shame i can't edit my older posts on this forum.

And here is a quick teaser of whats coming up next.

IMG_9255 by Ian Woodridge, on Flickr

Love that tweed - lovely job! I've always wanted to do a car in Harris tweed, but I figured it would be very scratchy!

Thought i would post of some of the best pictures i have found from the epic weekender we all had at Goodwood. :)

CDE9B432-AD22-45DB-A9FC-E978322ADC21 by Ian Woodridge, on Flickr

1B05E08F-493B-4DAF-85ED-8589E0345B31 by Ian Woodridge, on Flickr

68E0A769-E196-474B-B19F-E9F9E2266AA4 by Ian Woodridge, on Flickr

934568DD-DD23-4A36-A1EC-61FFD204B89E by Ian Woodridge, on Flickr

9DE99C30-40E5-45F6-922C-ABBED59555B5 by Ian Woodridge, on Flickr

EEF37775-ACCD-4A8B-82EC-78C48ABDF97D by Ian Woodridge, on Flickr

E2B4F7F1-54E8-42A1-8069-A8DB38D6445E by Ian Woodridge, on Flickr

527B429F-A3CD-4B60-BC5D-8DFFBD694ADA by Ian Woodridge, on Flickr

F94DDF00-15BB-4907-94FA-34316F7E1D0B by Ian Woodridge, on Flickr

5C73C49F-EB80-4A4C-8446-93750B85053F by Ian Woodridge, on Flickr

If you were there you last weekend you probably know the car still isn't finished yet, i will post more detailed pictures once the car is actually running.

hope this doesnt sound weird, but that is one sexy car

Thanks & no it doesn't. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom