New member with too many cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HowardP

Car
1989 C126 420 SEC (SOLD); 1985 W123 200 (SOLD); 1993 W124 320 CE CABRIOLET; 2012 W246 B180
Hello Everybody, my name is Howard and I'm an alcoholic. Oops, wrong forum! Anyway, I have, more by accident than design, managed to acquire three of Stuttgart's finest, and a B Class, although I am planning to sell the C126 420 SEC shortly, once I get the idle issue sorted. The humble poverty spec. W123 200 is a project I bought jointly with my son, but it now sits on my driveway waiting for me to improve the nether regions of the bodywork, and then hopefully the lower half of the paintwork will match the top half. The 1993 W124 320 CE Cabriolet is a recent acquisition, replacing an R129 SL320, and as soon as I bought it I replaced the engine wiring loom and had the throttle body rebuilt, which is pretty much a given with this model. Other than that there are only minor jobs to do at my convenience, which makes a change! The least said about the B Class the better - awful gearbox, too clever by half but still a compromise that quite often gets caught out in normal driving. I like to think I know something about the older Mercedes-Benz models, having spent the last three years tinkering with various projects, so hopefully I can put my two penn'orth in from time to time. On the other hand, you don't get to my age without realising that what you don't know amounts to a lot more than what you do know, so I will be asking questions as well.

Welcome to the forum. That's quite a fleet!

Hello and welcome! :)
Nice garage you have there ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom