Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigshed

Car
VITO 112 CDI
hi guys ive just went and bought a vito 112cdi .just joined to see if any other members have one .good to get info on them and modifications that can be done . it is a 2002 in metallic grey and has a body kit already fitted , engine runs sweet as a nut 96k on the clock .
bought it to replace my Passat 130tdi b5.5 but I don't want to sell that either its a great car and I'm using it for my work doing tiling and plastering so needed more space and got the vito .
ive been into modifying cars for years so kinda know the ins and outs of them ,mostly jap cars as I help run scotlands biggest jap owners club.ive a Mitsubishi gto twin turbo mr that ive modified the body work ,painted and airbrushed myself .was just getting it readuy for this years shows after building it for 2 years and it spun a bearing so a forged bottom end build is on the cards for that at end of year ,just need to spend my funds on the vito now to get it the way I want it ,plus its got potential to convert to a camper :cool:

scott

Hello mate, welcome! There's always something you can upgrade on Vito's mate or it seems that way! What year is your van??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

thanks for the reply mate I take it vitos aren't that popular on this forum lol:rolleyes:
its a 2002 112cdi . runs really nice only done 96k plan in turning it into a camper not as much space tho as its a swb

Lovely looking Vito that mate, & those 638's drive really nicely IMHO. I really loved mine, even preferred it to my current newer model Vito in many ways.
A word of warning, that I hope is unnecessary.:
Mine was pretty tidy topside, & all factory undersealed underneath, so I wasn't too bothered by the reputation I had heard that they had for rampant tinworm.......
.... until I had to do some work on it.
I discovered to my dismay that the main structure of the van seemed to have been rotting away from the inside out.!
The main chassis runners that appeared visually perfect, were actually virtually held in place by the rubberised underseal coating.!!
Anyway, hopefully yours will be the exception, however before you spend a lot of time effort & money (like I already had) maybe worth giving her a through going over mate.?

I had a 638 as well absolutely loved it! It was a proper workhorse never let me down & went through 5 mot's without a single issue. Again it was only Tinworm that started coming on the wings & bottoms of the doors that let it down. It's always surprises me that Vito's don't get the recognition that they should BUT unfortunately most people are shortsighted and only see them as commercial vehicles which is a shame as they are great vehicles!! Their loss imho

Welcome in, don't know much about the Vito but health to drive.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but you could possibly be the first Vito owner on the members map if you add a pin. ?

See below

yea mate I heard that aswell ,last mot it had inner sills welded around seatbelt mounts and I just got the 2 rear sills welded there because of folk that don't know how to jack them up haha. mot guy said he expected the worst when he saw it but was reallt tidy van for its age and reputation , ive undersealed most of it again hopefully it will last a few years .

Members map?? Where do u find that??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom