Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DGAMG63S

Car
GLE53 BMW M850i Cab. Prev - C63S CLS63S GLE63S&550 SL500 SLK55 GLS S & E Class, R107 SL, CE 124
Hi. I'm a serial MB/AMG owner having run C63S, GLE 63S, CLS 63S, SL500, SLK55, various S and E Class and an R107 SL. Not in a Mercedes right now (BMW, sorry, be gentle) but now looking at an older Mercedes (more along the lines of a usable "classic") to complement every-day drivers. I've joined the forum for general interest and for advice and knowledge from the community as my search develops. Still interested in the new stuff, though! David

Welcome! Quite a car history there.

What period of car are you thinking of as a 'useable classic' ? 2000-2010? 90s? earlier?

Welcome to the forum David:thumb:

Welcome! Quite a car history there.

What period of car are you thinking of as a 'useable classic' ? 2000-2010? 90s? earlier?
Thanks for the welcome. The simple answer is I'm not sure (the AMG's are not the only part of my history with cars I'm afraid to say; there was an Italian affair and some other Germans, so I think there's merit in lots of things). I've considered all the way back to a beautiful '71 W108 I looked at this week (not so "every day" usable though), then running to E500 (W124), E320 Cab or maybe R107 SL or SLC. I'm not sure I have the proverbials for a 6.9. Most decades of Mercedes have one or two stand out cars, like the SL55 or the 560 SEC. For me I'll be looking for a top class example. I don't actually need outright speed or handling. Firstly I don't thrash a car, secondly my daily drivers can cover that.

Not much help there, was I?

Hello and welcome, you’ve been here longer than me 🙂 but then, most have

Owned a 560 sec years ago (20) great cars if you can find a really good one witout rust. Pricey now though. Although slightly biased anything with a 113k engine is a good place to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom