Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ToMegaTherion

Car
SL350 (R230)
Hi everyone! I'm a long time Benzer with personal connections to Sindelfingen, where many members of my family worked at "Daimler", as they'd call it.

My automotive history started inauspiciously, in a succession of Dad's Austin Maestros, before graduating to a J-plate Alfa33 Permanent Four. A great car, when it worked. Which it did. For about a week.

My first Benz was a 51 plate ex-EasyCar (LT51...) A-class (A160, manual). I graduated to a nearly new C180K coupe on a 54 plate before getting my current 07 CLS320CDI, which has been floating along on its Airmatic suspension for 102k miles now. It's a peach, but a very big one.

I'm currently considering an R230 SL350 as a last hurrah before going electric.

Welcome. :) 👍

Hi everyone! I'm a long time Benzer with personal connections to Sindelfingen, where many members of my family worked at "Daimler", as they'd call it.

My automotive history started inauspiciously, in a succession of Dad's Austin Maestros, before graduating to a J-plate Alfa33 Permanent Four. A great car, when it worked. Which it did. For about a week.

My first Benz was a 51 plate ex-EasyCar (LT51...) A-class (A160, manual). I graduated to a nearly new C180K coupe on a 54 plate before getting my current 07 CLS320CDI, which has been floating along on its Airmatic suspension for 102k miles now. It's a peach, but a very big one.

CLS & the R230 are both very nice, welcome to the forum!

Hi and welcome 👍

Welcome 👍

Hi, and welcome,

I did the Stuttgart Museum and the factory tour the day after as a birthday treat to myself a couple of years ago - brilliant experience and worth every bit of the travel cost.
An R230 is an interesting choice, I expect they are somewhat underrated, big strong Merc, what’s not to like.
There aren’t that many around, so it might take a while to find a cared for example but could be worth it. Good Luck.

Hi and welcome.
Check all works well, especially the roof on any test drives. Happy hunting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom