Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stuart315

Car
1969 W108
Hello everyone!

New member down in Horsham, West Sussex. I have a left hand drive 1969 W108 280SE and I know literally nothing about cars - thought I'd get that statement out quickly!

Car has LPG conversion, currently there is no gas in Sussex for me to even trailer the vehicle and fill up. It ran on the gas (Was a fun half hour till it ran out!) and goes backwards and forwards and turns etc etc.

It refuses to run on the petrol. The curiosity is that its a 1969 and has the D-Jetronic EFI? We have fuel pump running and pressure at the fuel rails. The Bosch box is getting power and knows that the ignition is on but thats about it. My mechanic is keen on putting it on carbs and having done with the ECU but I want to exhaust all the avenues first.

Any clues as starting points? Stupid idea to get rid of EFI? I even wonder if the EFI was an add on later?

Anyway - any comments welcome, I'd like to just drive it for the summer to find out what else is wrong ready for winter!!

Stuart

Welcome aboard,just how do you come to own a W108 left hooker on LPG,may I have a guess and say you got it from maybe Poland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom