Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NewbieAMG

Car
C63
Hi All,

New member here and looking for some advice but first a little back story. I was pootling around in an i30N performance. Cracking car that gave me a lot of emotions. Unfortunately customer service was quite sh*te and car had a few smaller problems. Me being me, I have gotten to a point where I couldn't stand it. Went for an M140i. Very impressive car but was just boring for me. Blazing fast, on long motorway runs it easily delivers 40mpg, etc etc but I just couldn't live with lack of sound. It's a gpf version. Spent money on 2 different exhausts. At first they improved the experience but something still isn't there. Coupled with very bouncy and unsettled suspension, I decided that I cannot spend any more money on this car to make it better.

I have viewed a few of e92 M3s as that was always on the bucket list. Almost bought one approved used but salesman was a bit fishy and didn't budge on the price despite that car not having rod bearings/throttle actuators done. In the end I thought it's too big of a risk to take and pulled out of purchase.

This brings me to today. I've gone to test drive an approved used C63. Loved the sound, loved the way it drives. It's just on a different level to what I am used to. Equipment seems decent for the price. I know market is currently "high". Both literally and figuratively but I have managed to work out a deal where I am happy with the purchase. That brings me to my questions. Anything specific I need to look out for during delivery? If anyone knows below car/sees any red flags can you please let me know?

Thanks!

^ That looks a cracking car, but be ready for a lot of washing if you like a clean car.
I have an Obsidian black E63 and its a notoriously difficult colour to keep looking its best.

I don't think any particular problems have been raised on the forum regarding the latest C63's, and its a gem of an engine.
Enjoy the ride!

^ That looks a cracking car, but be ready for a lot of washing if you like a clean car.
I have an Obsidian black E63 and its a notoriously difficult colour to keep looking its best.

I don't think any particular problems have been raised on the forum regarding the latest C63's, and its a gem of an engine.
Enjoy the ride!
thanks a lot mate. just what I wanted to hear with regards to the purchase :)

I've broken my spell with 3 red cars in a row by going black. within the price range/condition/having warranty this seems to be one of the few cars out there so will have to make do with keeping it clean being a pain in the soft spot!

Fabulous car. Great looks and soundtrack to die for. What’s not to like. Health to enjoy. 😎
thanks for the warm welcome gents. I now need to get everything lined up for the upcoming saturday. that soundtrack was like a melody. unforgettable :)

Welcome onboard. The link is now down so any photos are welcome.

thank you both. I need to take more photos. was getting used to the car and it being black, it's already dirty and dusty haha it will be a pain to keep it clean like @AMGeed said.

the only thing that is still bothering me is that wing panels have been taken off. they don't look painted or anything and there doesn't seem to be any damage/crash repairs. any ideas as to why someone would need/want to take off front wing panels on a 3 year old car? dealer obviously couldn't offer a viable explanation as they didn't even know until I explained and showed it to them

Hello and welcome 👍

Tbh I think any dealer even if they knew they wouldn't tell you as it should be disclosed before you buy.I have heard stories of brand new cars needing repairs during transit and know my car was covered in light swirl marks with 5 miles on it.

Hello and welcome 👍

Tbh I think any dealer even if they knew they wouldn't tell you as it should be disclosed before you buy.I have heard stories of brand new cars needing repairs during transit and know my car was covered in light swirl marks with 5 miles on it.
Thank you! Yeah, I’m not surprised by these kind of stories as cars get damaged in transit and dealers don’t say anything unless customer notices…

Hello and welcome.

Thank you!

Paid a visit to @alexanderfoti to check wing panels and front for any signs of damage. Very professional and great service. If I didn’t need to rush back, I’d probably still be talking to him about cars. All checked out well and I can sleep at night without any worries.

Now I owe more photos but first car needs a proper clean up after this weather. Any advice on good car washes around east London? Can’t wash my car in my development anymore due to a shitty neighbour…

Thank you!

Paid a visit to @alexanderfoti to check wing panels and front for any signs of damage. Very professional and great service. If I didn’t need to rush back, I’d probably still be talking to him about cars. All checked out well and I can sleep at night without any worries.

Now I owe more photos but first car needs a proper clean up after this weather. Any advice on good car washes around east London? Can’t wash my car in my development anymore due to a shitty neighbour…
I'd rather pack the wash kit into the boot and drive to a friend or relatives house to wash the car than use a car wash.
OK if you don't mind added swirls in the paintwork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom