Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VikJ

Car
2014 W246 B180CDi AMG Line Premium
Hello,

I've just joined and thought I'd drop a line and say hi. I am currently the owner of a 1996 BMW 3 Series but have been offered a pretty good deal on a C200 and just wanted views of experience MB owners before I take the plunge and spend my hard earned cash!

I have been offered a W reg (2000) old shape C200 Sport Auto Tiptronic in Silver. It belongs to my cousin who has had it for 2 years and paid 19k for it. He's upgrading to the new C270 CDi and is selling it as a result.

It has:
Climate Control
Cruise Control
SatNav
£1000 Stereo upgrade
17 inch AMG's
FMBSH
1 yrs MB Warranty
30k miles
Demo+1 owner.

I think that the price that I have been offered it at is a bargain especially as its had 4 new tyres, a new CAT and a recent service.

I was just curious to see what you all would value this car at? I'll post later how much its actually going for!

Thanks in advance.
VikJ.

Welcome to the forums! I think its worth about 12K but our inhouse expert Shude will tell you..

what BMW did you own?

Hi,

Welcome! :bannana:

I'd say between 11k and 12k however the AMG rims and sat nav add a bit extra.

Parkers Guide puts that model at anything from £9080 to £14355 ( A1 Dealer Price).

The car you are talking about seems to have lots of goodies fitted, but these do not usually have a great bearing on the value of the car when it is sold.

I would guess that there is no warantee with this car, but nothing major should crop up at such a low mileage. Actually.......why did it need a new CAT???

Have you driven it? Make sure you do, I have driven a couple of C200's from that year, and the auto's seemed a bit underpowered at times..... look at this thread for a view from each side of the gear box fence!

What is a fair price, well I wouldn't give more than £13K for it, but if the extras are of value to you then it may be worth more. Bear in mind tho that the new shape C-Class (w203) is comming down in price for the early models, you can get a C200K for arroung 16-17K.

Originally posted by paulrstaylor
Actually.......why did it need a new CAT???

My car is relativly low mileage and needed a CAT... I even saw a SL320 with 14K on the clock that was in the garage for a new CAT :O

Thanks for your input and making me feel welcome! The car used to belong to my Cousin and I have driven it and was amazed at how quick it was considering it was a 2 Litre Auto!

My cousin is importing a new shape 270 CDi and the importer who took it in part-ex wants to sell it.

Not sure why it had a new Cat. I looked at Parkers too and it said that Cats on the C180, C200 and C220 were all "weak", whatever that means. It also includes a Dealer service and a years MB Warranty.

The car was for sale at 13k and hes now willing to drop to 12 as I think hes desperate to get rid of it as hes spent quite a bit of cash on it, including the service, 4 new tyres and the stereo. It looks the business too.

I've looked on the Internet and Dealers are selling this spec for approx 14-15. If he is willing to drop another 500-1000 I'll probably get it.

If not, I agree with Paul and will sell my lowly Beemer 316iSE and wait 6-9 months for prices on the W203 to come below 15k and just go for the newer model.

Surely, the alloys, Tiptronic, Colour (Silver) and Satnav add to the value and make it easier to sell?
Thanks again.

Last edited:
Looking over your specs again, you are getting one of the better W202's because it has ALOT of features.

I say get it, you wont be dissapointed!

Unless you want to buy my C180 Turbo

Your not thinking of selling it are you K???

Edit - Scratch that - Just me being stupid and reading your post too danm fast!

Last edited:
Took it for a test drive today and loved it. Looks like I'll be an MB owner soon! :D

Price is stuck at £12k but it includes a service and a Valet. Its also got a 12CD multichanger, Professionally tinted glass and a Nokia Car kit. Just need to get a cradle to fit my phone.

The only thing I'll have to do is get the wheels refurbished as they're a little patchy in some areas!

Need to sell the Beemer before I can get it though! :(

I'll post some pics once I get it.

Good, sounds like a very good car for low money. I would pay much higher for that car from a dealer.

Peterborough - not a million miles from our GTG site, which is probably Kettering on 16th March. Hope to see you there.

Sounds like a good idea. Ketterings only 30 mins from me on the A14!

30 mins in a beamer maybe:D :D Do it much quicker in a real car!!!:bannana: :bannana:

Just Kidding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom