New Merc C200 Tips.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On another note... your car will need a service at some point. I suggest that you read this excellent summary by st13phil:

I hate android auto. Disabled it on my phone and any car that has it.
All my other mercs I've just connected via Bluetooth and it just works.
2013 SL63 was old but worked the same way as my 2017 c class premium plus.

I press the button, say telephone, then I think you have to press it again for it to listen to you, etc etc.
Nothing flash, just basic calling and reading texts on the screen, not a copy of the phone screen.

Also, you might want to check on YouTube the Killerhertz channel - lots of great tips there.

(Killerhertz also happens to be our Lord and Master :D )

“ When I do a long press, it goes to google, but only on my phone.”

That’s how it works - it uses the microphone and speakers in the car though, and you can change volume/end call etc with the steering wheel buttons.
With an iphone it’s called siri eyes free - don’t know the android equivalent. 👍🏻👍🏻

Pretty sure (certain) you will only get nav instructions by voice on Audio 20

It seems I'm doing something different.
I dont control my phone, I just make and receive calls from it(and texts), I can play music too.
But I'm not trying to use Bixby(that's turned off too 🤣) which is the siri equivalent.

I think I'm using my audio set up software to read my phone book and stuff, not operate my phone...does that make sense?

On another note... your car will need a service at some point. I suggest that you read this excellent summary by st13phil:

It has a FSH and had a service earlier this month before I bought it. I shall continue to take care if it.

Also, you might want to check on YouTube the Killerhertz channel - lots of great tips there.

Yes, I've been watching a few, they're very useful.

“ When I do a long press, it goes to google, but only on my phone.”

That’s how it works - it uses the microphone and speakers in the car though, and you can change volume/end call etc with the steering wheel buttons.
With an iphone it’s called siri eyes free - don’t know the android equivalent. 👍🏻👍🏻

Pretty sure (certain) you will only get nav instructions by voice on Audio 20

Yeah, it seems I can only get Sat Nav. I don't mind, though as the car far exceeds anything I've owned before! :)

Reactions: Ted

Creep ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom