New merc is a wonderful thing !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisguerin

Car
e220cdi estate
Well after 7 years and well over 100k miles, my beautiful 2010 blue e class estate has been swapped for a 2019 black e class estate se with macchiato interior and as ever a new car feels amazing.
the last car suffered with needing two air suspension balloons and a water pump outside of tires and brakes which I thought was pretty decent
Whilst trying to find all the new features I wondered whether I could post two questions?
are there any weak spots that I need to beware of ? Is it possible / easy to retrofit DVD player if it isn’t already there ?

Well after 7 years and well over 100k miles, my beautiful 2010 blue e class estate has been swapped for a 2019 black e class estate se with macchiato interior and as ever a new car feels amazing.
the last car suffered with needing two air suspension balloons and a water pump outside of tires and brakes which I thought was pretty decent
Whilst trying to find all the new features I wondered whether I could post two questions?
are there any weak spots that I need to beware of ? Is it possible / easy to retrofit DVD player if it isn’t already there ?
Congratulations on your new car. Try playing a DVD if you have a slot, it may well play videos.

Does anyone know how to tether my data from my phone to the car ? Most of the menu options seem to be the other way around ie making the car a hot spot and connecting the car to it

in that case I’d like to add that functionality to my home WiFi package rather than a new contract

Not sure that you can do that and to be honest cannot see why you want to do it?

Piano black is nice, but dust shows, and marks too easily, I like the Black Ash wood. :)👍
Would it be possible for one to replace the piano black with ash wood? I’m thinking cos it’s only housing it could be lifted off and replaced..?

Would it be possible for one to replace the piano black with ash wood? I’m thinking cos it’s only housing it could be lifted off and replaced..?
Don't see why not, if you got the Black Ash from the same model year, I would have thought it would be a straight swop, trouble is dropping on a scrapped car with ash wood, as bought new from Mercedes would probably be very expensive.

Does anyone know how to tether my data from my phone to the car ? Most of the menu options seem to be the other way around ie making the car a hot spot and connecting the car to it

in that case I’d like to add that functionality to my home WiFi package rather than a new contract
Turn on the hotspot on your phone and then connect to that network

Still confused, why does the car need to be connected to the phones hotspot?

It probably doesn’t if the car is capable of creating it’s own Wi-fi network - that would suggest that it’s already connected using it’s own SIM card.

The latest generation of cars are always connected to allow remote control, over the air updates. and other online features. Older cars need to tether to a smartphone.

Maybe he hasnt bought a dataplan with it

It probably doesn’t if the car is capable of creating it’s own Wi-fi network - that would suggest that it’s already connected using it’s own SIM card.

The latest generation of cars are always connected to allow remote control, over the air updates. and other online features. Older cars need to tether to a smartphone.

Well that was what I was thinking my 2019 E Class estate has a built in Sim for all those functions, at least for the initial 3 years.

Not sure about the SE model though?

I don't think you can retrofit DVD player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom